Q Bar / the "Bedroom"

sidetoside

Aside from the good house music (though no dance floor whatsoever, and the people who are there generally couldn't care less about the music - might as well be Barbie Girl by Aqua...), the Qbar crowd in the past few years is basically poseurs and the freelancers who milk them. Here's a test for whether you would like Q-bar or not:

You go to work on Friday, wearing a shirt and tie. After you get off work at five, you have dinner, then play a game of pool at a small bar. At 11 pm you finally go to Q-Bar. Do you:

a) Keep your tie on so that the freelancers know you have a job that requires a tie? or

B) Take off your tie at some point between 5 pm and 11 pm to feel more comfortable?

If you chose "a", Q-Bar is your place and your kind of people!

That said, I remember a few years ago sitting upstairs on the couches with my Thai friend and one farang woman. Two young Thai woman sat down with us, including one who was overweight, and they discussed my farang friend's jewelry with her, and even took a sip of her drink (don't remember what it was, but this Thai had never had one before and wanted a taste). A Thai guy appeared and whispered something to my Thai friend - turned out the guy was royal family security, and he was reminding my friend to behave - we were sitting with a Princess (Siribhachudhabhorn)! I doubt there are many princesses at Qbar these days...

YimSiam

I'm getting old, still like Nana :)

Archived