Q Bar / the "Bedroom"

sidetoside

Do not know the bedroom......do u mean be supperclub?

Q bar: I go quite often there:

IME

There are usually a lot of foreign customers there, some with their GF or BG.

the 3 last times I was there there seems to be a lot of BG usually with their punters.

Do not forget as it is a club there are also some

supposedly GTG going there and some of them may be harder to get than ur usual BG

(but everything has a price nope?)

Never went there alone so can not give specific "hunting" hints but they are women and as long as

you are nicely dressed, have money etc...

it should go fine.

Each time I went there it became crowded around 10-11pm

I like the service at Qbar and the sitting although for going out in a club I prefer coliseum but more difficult to "hunt" there and the crowd is mainly thai (always some foreigners in the crowd though) and this is more the kind of place where to bring your GF/BG etc....

Bed supperclub: If this was the place you are looking for.

I like this place but only when it is crowded.

Nice and original place, service is good without being comparable to qbar.

The2 last times I went there it never has been crowded and it was the same nights that I went to qbar so to have a look.

I saw a few ladies who could have been freelancers but not sure.....(sometimes difficult to tell the difference between a "GTG" on a night out and a BG/freelancer without speaking to them)

Just my 2 satangs

its quite pretentious. full of younger travellers and expats who think they're cool because they hang out at Qbar. reminds me of clubs back home and thats not good. theres a good club on soi 23 but around the first corner going past soi cowboy. damn if i cant remember the name of it now...girls dance on the bar (not naked) quite upscale

sanddawg1

Up scale is not the right term here. The freelancers at Q Bar are looking for falang who are new to Thailand and don't know anything. You know, suckers..

It is easy to spot the freelancers at Q Bar, or at least was the last time I went in, by the fake stuff. Fake braces as the usual lying scamming slut status symbol, followed by fake nails, fake tits and very often the fake nose that looks so stupid. Hair color? 50% of the time fake.

The smiles? They aren't real either.

Depends what you're after in a night out! If its a woman, don't bother with either, IMO, for reasons mentioned above.

As a club itself I found Q bar to be 'OK'. The music and drink is good, as mentioned, but it wasn't anything special in terms of X-factor. (fake girls and packed with people - wannabies etc)

It reminded me of some of the clubs on Khao San road actually... music, few seats, westerners..

Bed club, however, I have a real soft spot for. Cool building; Kef sound system; excellent DJs; nice looking staff in flowing attire.. I don't go looking for company, instead take a girl with me.

A lot of the music is totally lost on the girls though.. Last time I went it was some 80s stuff mixed into Metallica with hiphop scratched over the top, into the theme tune from Inspector Gadget. :) :) I think it was Think Pink Sunday, hence - take a girl with you. :)

I don't go to either to 'look cool' - Happy taking an Issan farmer's girl there and having fun. :)

Aside from the good house music (though no dance floor whatsoever, and the people who are there generally couldn't care less about the music - might as well be Barbie Girl by Aqua...), the Qbar crowd in the past few years is basically poseurs and the freelancers who milk them. Here's a test for whether you would like Q-bar or not:

You go to work on Friday, wearing a shirt and tie. After you get off work at five, you have dinner, then play a game of pool at a small bar. At 11 pm you finally go to Q-Bar. Do you:

a) Keep your tie on so that the freelancers know you have a job that requires a tie? or

B) Take off your tie at some point between 5 pm and 11 pm to feel more comfortable?

If you chose "a", Q-Bar is your place and your kind of people!

That said, I remember a few years ago sitting upstairs on the couches with my Thai friend and one farang woman. Two young Thai woman sat down with us, including one who was overweight, and they discussed my farang friend's jewelry with her, and even took a sip of her drink (don't remember what it was, but this Thai had never had one before and wanted a taste). A Thai guy appeared and whispered something to my Thai friend - turned out the guy was royal family security, and he was reminding my friend to behave - we were sitting with a Princess (Siribhachudhabhorn)! I doubt there are many princesses at Qbar these days...

YimSiam

Archived