Hua Hin - Number 1 Seafood Restuarant?

Guys,

Most likely going down to Hua Hin next weekend and would like to know where the best seafood restaurant is.....

Can someone please enlighten me.

Sanukboot.

PS I have already eaten at the seafood restuarants on the dock? Not sure if dock is the right word...it is past the French restaurent where the Princess has eaten at....(if that helps..)

Originally posted by SanukBoot:

[QB]

Hua Hin ..where the best seafood restaurant is.....

Hi

Dont know the name (if there is one) but if you near the Takiab Beach area (near Blue Wave Resort Hotel (Also known as Takiap or Choptick Hill) try some of the beach front restaurants.

Walk down the road past the Blue Wave and turn left at the beach. Walk for 100 or 200 yards and there are two good restaurants almost next to each other. Have eaten there many times and the food and prices can not be beat. Seafood is the catch of the day from the owner's father who is a fisherman living next to the rest. Have eaten there with Thai friends and they also love the food. Bon Apetit!

Another place (sorry I cannot supply name or directions) is referred to as the "White House" by Thai friends. Might be recognizeable to some local by the name??? Food was very good and lot more expensive.

I don't think I have ever had a bad seafood meal in Hua Hin and actually very few in Thailand.

I can recomend a couple. Chao Lay, which is on the pier before you get to the French restaurant, or Ban Itsara which is half a kilometre or so north of town,best to get a tuktuk or motorcycle taxi to take you. Both are excellent but can get crowded at weekends. Alternatively try the night market as suggested or one of the restaurants in Satukarn Square, less good value and tend to bit popular with the package tourist brigade.

"I have heard of Chao Lays but it is apparently quiet expensive....Any truth on this?"

Not any more expensive than any other of the neighbouring places, and probably cheaper than some. About 75%+ customers are Thai.

Johnny,

Just came back from Hua Hin and I can tell you that Chao Lays was okay food, but I believe the restaurant caters more to the farang crowd than Thai....On Saturday night at 7:15pm there was 90% farangs....At 9pm it s 95% farangs...

The bill was okay, we had:

Fried Rice (150)

Deep Fried Seabass (250)

Seafood platter (350)

Tom Yum Kung (?)

3 big bottles of Singha (?)

2 bottles of water (?)

Total was 1170 Baht.....

The deep fried seabass and the seafood platter were not that delicious and I thought was overpriced for what they cooked...

While I will need to check out other places on the list I don't think I will be returning to Chao Lays that quickly.

Thanks for the word anyway.

Sanukboot.

Archived