Printing Quality photographs

persil

Be aware that IQ Lab has dual pricing (charges farang more). Another place that has Lambda is Eastbourn, I don't know all their branches but there's one in Emporium and another in Siam Paragon. Eastbourn's production facilities are in Surawong Road, if you turned left out of Patpong towards the river, walk about 10 minutes, it's on the left opposite a Peugeot showroom (or it was the last time I looked. It's best to go to one of their branches, but the branch staff may not even know they do Lambda.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see you prove that IQ offers dual pricing. Your claim to me is just totally bogus, and coming from nowhere. The prices are REALLY high for Bangkok labs and that's across the board.

I can read their brochures in Thai, FYI, and prices are the same top to bottom.

Your confusion could stem from the fact they do offer discounts for magazines and bulk purchases and people who print for things the company sponsors.

I've worked with them professionally in that capacity numerous times and paid nothing for prints even.. Outside of that professional relationship I don't use them though because they are overpriced, bad idiotic staff and poor quality control. If you speak Thai and go to Ekkamai and actually go upstairs and TALK to the technician directly and make him take notes you will get results. But this is a big hassle and not standard procedure.

I don't like them, but they don't have dual-pricing.

I'm sticking with Super Vision unless I need something REALLY large... 11x14 range.. no sweat.

Cheers,

thenummmmmmmmberz

• 1 year later...

I dredged up this old post, because time has moved on and so has technology. More archival printing is nowadays available by printing on a pigment based inkjet printer and archival paper.

I found an excellent professional lab last year in galeria building, Silom road. he prints on Epson printers, and recently bought a printer that can print about 65" wide and almost unlimited length. i have recently had a few 1x2 meter prints made there that i would simply call outstanding. He can print on relatively cheap paper, that will still last ten or so years, or on archival paper of the highest quality that will last 200 years if stored in the dar, or 60 years if framed behind glass and shoen in relatively controlled conditions. It is IMHO the vry best printing I have come across in BKK, and the guy who runs it speaks excellent english, which makes giving feedback and explaining your requirements so much easier.

Maybe Stick, The Numbers and a few others may benefit from this.

The place is called Bloom Digital Prolab & studio, Basement 1 , Unit B15, The Silom Galleria, Silom Rd.

He's been printing work for many of the local photography exhibitions recently, such as the underwater photography at Central World.

highly recommended!

Currently however, I use him only for some of my work, since I bought a very similar, but smaller printer, and now print at home, up to A2, very satisfying.

After many years of crappy inkjet printers with fading inks and continuously breaking down technology, it has finally come of age now.

And no more darkrooms, toxic chemicals, fumes etc.

Archived