Best romantic restaurants in Bangkok

The top romantic restaurants in Bangkok (quiet atmosphere and/or quiet music, good for intimate conversation, and excellent food) in my opinion:

Le Banyan - French - very expensive - 59 Sukhumvit Soi 8 Phone 253-5556

Cafe Bongo - Mediterranean - mid-range - 44 Convent Rd, Silom 632-0920

Celadon - Thai - mid-range- reservations required - Sokhothai Hotel, 13/3 S. Sathon Rd 287-0222

Jesters- Continental/French - very expensive - Peninsula Hotel 861-2888

Le Normandie - French - very expensive - Oriental Hotel - 236-0400

Talisman - Mediterranean - expensive - 68/2 Sukhimvit Soi 20 - 258-8008

Baan Kanitha - Thai - mid-range -36/1 Soi Prasanmitr, Sukhumvit Soi 23 - 258-4181

Baan Khun Phor - Thai - mid-range - 468/7 Siam Square Soi 7, Rama 1 Rd - 250-1252

Very expensive = 1000 baht per person and up

Expensive = 700 baht per person and up

Mid Range = 400-600 baht per person

There are some others that would have made the list, but I've omitted the ones where the Thai food is better suited to farangs than Thais, or where the food doesn't match the atmosphere.

With a couple exceptions that were recommended by friends, I've eaten at all these places.

Interesting list. Thanks smile.gif" border="0

"Baan Khun Phor"---Can you tell us more about this place. Specialties, atmospere, predominant clientele, etc.

By the way, it's been a while since I was last there, but I'd like to add Biscotti, which is the Italian Restaurant in the Regent Hotel. Mid to expensive--which is less than one would expect.

Bon apetit. smile.gif" border="0

Originally posted by PakWaan:

[QB]The top romantic restaurants in Bangkok (quiet atmosphere and....

Have you ever tried the Rib Room on 31st floor of the Landmark? They have a great view of BKK, and have a small private room for a few people (2-4) that is separate from the main room. Food is OK.

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

I would suggest:

Le Dalat / Indochine on Sukhumvit Soi 23 (Vietnamese). Looks like an old home redecorated as a restaurant. There are actually two restaurants with the same name on this street. I've only been to the first one as one walks away from Soi Cowboy. Medium priced and very cozy.

the second one is opposite baan khanita further down the soi; it has less atmosphere but is cheaper and the food as good as the other one; this one has been around for a long time; the one you mentioned about 3-4 years

All--

How about the Sala Rimm Naam at the Oriental Hotel.. It's a very romantic river-front outdoor dining experience.. Excellent food and top-notch "Oriental" service...

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Supatra's River House is a nice location for a romantic Thai meal riverside. They have a little boat that will take you to the restaurant from Tha Maharat on the Bangkok side (the restaurant is on the Thonburi side, in Soi Wat Rakhang).

I agree with UPSer on the romance aspects of Sala Rim Naam. First class service. But, order off the menu. The dinner show set meal is way too Westernized. In fact, it sucked. The brunch buffet was pretty impressive, though. Those are my two cents.

Archived