Emporeum in Pattaya?

Any one know of a place in Pattaya with a food hall similar to that on the top floor of the Emporeum on Sukhumvit? I know I can get a great feed for around 50 bt at the Emporeum on Sukhumvit, but what about Pattaya?

Just a Thought.

Charles

Royal Garden Plaza. Is that the one with the plane stuck in it?

btw. You must try the Emporeum on Sukhumvit. Go to the top floor. I first went there after Phnom Penh. It span me out! The variety and a feed at 50 bt that could not be beaten.

Thanks for the help.

Just a thought.

Charles mad.gif" border="0

Charles,

Why did your last post have a mad.gif" border="0 ? I don't get it.

Anyway, yeah, Royal Garden is place with the plane stuck in the side.

You may also want to go up Second Road to the Big C shopping center, near the ladyboy shows. They have affordable suki and "barbecue" places, too. Note that Tops and FoodLand's lunch counters also offer okay food at decent prices. Additionally, there are two outlets of Kiss Restaurant along Pattaya Second Rd, which may be up your alley.

When in BKK, don't miss the food court on top of MBK Shopping Mall (BTS National Stadium station or Siam Center station). It is even better than the Emporium food court. Very much so. wink.gif" border="0 (I love that place!)

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

vtombrown

Sorry about the mad.gif" border="0 I hit the wrong icon. Thanks for the info.

Jazz.

On the Skytrain on the Sukhumvit line take the stop after Asok going out of the city. For get its name but the Emporeum connects to the lower floor of the station. Southern Side. Go to the top floor and check it out. The food is great. The buy ticket area is the cheepest. Great food for between 25 and 35bt. I usuallt get two helpings. Finish one then go for something else. That was for about 60bt or less than $1.50us you get two Thai dishes. I usually go for the sweat pork...{my Thai b/g would call me that all the time} and once that is finished eith Jap or whatever took my fancy. Buy a coke at 15 bt more and the total deal is about $2US or 75bt!

Now I know that you can eat on the street for less but as for flavour, health etc there is no beating it. While you are there you may care to check out the rest of the floor. It is a wonderland of tasty delights...no not the girls....the food, and they also have coffee places etc. I will often go there in the late morning or afternoon, grab a paper and take a coffee or two. Then head over for a feed and back to the hotel for an afternoon snoose until early evening when I hit the bars. It is a very civilized way of organizing the day.

Just a thought.

Charles laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Hi Charles and Jazz. I like to see those laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0 .

The Skytrain station to which you refer is Phrom Phong--it is physically connected to Emporium's mall. Also try the restaurant next door on Sukhumvit Soi 24, named Lemongrass. Yum. It is across the street from the car park on the West side of Emporium. smile.gif" border="0

On the subject of food courts...

The new Lotus on North Pattaya road has a BIG food court, probably 50-100% larger than the one at Royal Garden. Amazing variety of food, and very cheap. Only down size is it is very noisy, and not quite as cute as the one at Royal.

Is this the only food court you've seen in Bangkok? Have you seen Siam Center, Lad Plao, Central Chidlom, MBK, Big C, Lotus?

quote:

Originally posted by Charles:

Royal Garden Plaza. Is that the one with the plane stuck in it?

btw. You must try the Emporeum on Sukhumvit. Go to the top floor. I first went there after Phnom Penh. It span me out! The variety and a feed at 50 bt that could not be beaten.

Thanks for the help.

Just a thought.

Charles
mad.gif" border="0

Archived