Wireless Internet

Hamokhamok

I'm looking for a 'booster aerial' to help my PC seek and find wireless internet - broadband - availability.

I believe such a device is available and is plugged into the USB port and will help in receiving signals from 'other' broadband or wireless internet locations in the vicinity of the PC.

This device is to be used mainly in Ireland.

I recently was in the west of Ireland staying in a B&B and was able to use someone elses internet. (I know what you're saying - I'm a mean bastard.) Well maybe I am but a lot of 'companies' provide individuals with free broadband at home and they don't lock them leaving people like me free access so why not avail of this frredom.

A friend of mine apparently saw such a device in the USA but is unable to assist any further. He says he just plugs it in and leaves the 'aerial' in the window and if there anr any sites nearby he can pick them up.

I'm hoping someone here will have seen or heard of such equipment and point me in the right direction.

It doesn't have to be anywhere in Ireland I can buy it from any country.

Thanks.

As an unashamed broadband thief I take an interest in these posts. The trick is to talk your neighbour into using a stronger broadcaster, difficult if you move around a lot. I checked out the adapter/recievers on the net and may be pursuaded to upgrade my old 802.11 to a Netgear Rangemax WPN111.

Archived