Salami?

Lamock Chokaprret

[color:blue]> "The ladies prefer Thai food..."color=blue>

That's right, they usually prefer Thai food. "Bei Otto" has Thai food too, so it is possible to join a nice dinner with your BG/ GF and let her taste the farang dishes...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming it's very difficult to get good salami in LOS. Before my last trip I met a guy in BKK chat who lives in Pattaya (7 years) but is from San Fran like me. I was in the chatroom asking the best way to get from the airport to Sukhumvit. This guy asks me...

"You from SF"? "Yeah".

"Do you know where the Molinari deli is?"

"Yeah, on Columbus st."

"If you go to the Molinari Deli and get me 3 4lb salami I'll drive up to the airport and bring you to your hotel myself, as well as pay you for the salami."

Well, this sounded like a pretty good deal, so I went to the Deli the morning I left and got the salalmi. Sure enough when I arrived at BKK airport at 11:30 pm, there was my new friend and his beautiful thai wife waiting for me at the gate. Mind you, he had driven 2 hours one way from Pattaya to meet me and the Molinari Salami. So they take me to Sukhumvit, and on the way I find that this guy and his wife are really cool. They tell me that when I get down to Pattaya in a week to call them. So when I get to Pattaya I get first class treatment...big dinner at their house..and I hang out with my new bud and hop the go go's with his "One bar one beer" philosophy. He speaks fluent Thai and knows all the girls so it's way cool. So we're tight now and I plan to visit them again when I return to LOS in Sept. Of course I'll be bringing more salami this time. So as you see....I doubt you could find salami anywhere close to Molinari quality anywhere near Bangkok or Chonburi...or he would have found it already.

• 1 month later...

Ok, you guys got my hopes up when I heard the magic word "genoa". It could be I went to bei otto on an off day because they had hardly any salami and no genoa (hmm, maybe someone cleaned them out?). However, I just discovered by chance the supermarket at the Emporium has GENOA salami. Amazing what you can find in this city.

Archived