Salami?

Lamock Chokaprret

Does anyone know of a deli in BKK that has a decent selection of salami? I've been to Villa Market, Topps, Lotus, Big C and have been pretty uninspired by the offerings there (although I did find a pretty fine roast beef at Villa). You'd think with all the Germans in this town, it would be relatively simple to find some decent cold cuts.

In particular, I'm looking for Genoa or a good hard salami.

Bei Otto 1 Sukhumvit Rd. Soi 20, opposite the Windsor hotel, is a great German restaurant and Deli!!!!!! Sunday brunch there is a killer, I mean that 3 people had heart attacks while we dined (sorry, couldn't resist) They do have a great selection of German salamis and cold cuts! Try the Sunday brunch, all the cheese and salami you could want! Not to mention the other entrees!

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

Bei Otto 1 Sukhumvit Rd. Soi 20, opposite the Windsor hotel, is a great German restaurant and Deli!!!!!! Sunday brunch there is a killer, I mean that 3 people had heart attacks while we dined (sorry, couldn't resist) They do have a great selection of German salamis and cold cuts! Try the Sunday brunch, all the cheese and salami you could want! Not to mention the other entrees!

Hippie,

I agree. Bei Otto is a good, though small, place. Good food, nice little deli, and a decent small selection of German beers. I've been there a few times.

In Pattaya I've liked the Zepplin German restaurant on Beach road, and the big place down the beach road, Haufbrau House I think? The one on the corner.

Cent

A general comment from bar ladies..

Thumbs down on the krautz....Whats wrong with

Thai Food! The ladies prefer Thai food...

Not Krautz.

Rice, not them who ain't nice laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

HJ,

I think the Salami was for the original poster, which promted me to mention the German place as they are known to have Salami, which prompted Cent to concur...so how did that get to thumbs down on the Krautz? which, by the way I am of Austrian decent, and the BGS love me and my money just fine thank you! smile.gif" border="0 one of my current regular Non-bar girl GFs loves this place! One BG I took there also liked it, and they both like my little Vienna weiner! smile.gif" border="0 Let's try not to put any one Ethinic group down! O.K.?

Cent,

Not sure if I have been to Zepplin, I seem to remember a place near the Dutchman restaurant, not sure either is still there. There was also a place called Alt Heidleberg along the walking st. I think. I think the Sunday brunch buffet at Bei Otto is still my favorite! God that food has got to be killing me! smile.gif" border="0

LC,

Remind me in May and I will try to bring you one from the states! And some Gold schlager as well!! (Do I know how to make friends or what? smile.gif" border="0)

[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

quote:

Remind me in May and I will try to bring you one from the states! And some Gold schlager as well!! (Do I know how to make friends or what?

That you do. Amazing you remembered my taste for Goldschlager. Thinking of chowing down on a salami while doing Goldschlager shots is nearly giving me an orgasm. Set lae-ow!

Will have to try the German place you recommended.

[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: Lamock Chokaprret ]

Dear Honolulu,

that was such an unnecessary and STUPID comment. If you've ever been to LOS you should know better...falangs look all the same.

[color:blue]> "Bei Otto 1 Sukhumvit Rd. Soi 20, opposite the Windsor hotel, is a great German restaurant and Deli!!!!!! "color=blue>

Nothing to add. A very good restaurant, indeed!

Archived