Bluetooth headphones?!!

Palatkik

Well, so far Iâ??ve read on the Internet since buying a set of stereo BT earphones (I-tech clip IIIs type) that Windows XP doesnâ??t even work with BT audio using a BT USB dongle on the PC, so I download loaded a Widcomm BT driver for that!

Now I can see the audio services on the BT device but they donâ??t seem to transfer the sound from the speakers to the headphones when I choose them under Sound Playback Device.

Is this technology just too complicated for itâ??s own good or what? I have yet to find an idiots guide, the earphones or their web site certainly didn't help!

Iâ??m also trying to use the darned BT earphones with an O2 phone but that will likely be another thread!

BT is an old protocol developed by Ericsson and Nokia more than 10 years ago - I've an old 8910 which was one of the first using it (shit, this is not easy to remember the years any more - I've not cheated by using google). It's damned slow so I'm astonished they still use it.

I'm no expert on this, but I have been waiting for the capability to listen to mp3's on my cell phone with a bluetooth stereo headset.

The earlier phones allow only mono reception on the earpiece, and only telephone conversation, not mp3.

There are two new bluetooth protocols that have come out recently.

A2DP allows stereo headphones to be used and AVRCP allows functions on the mp3 player to be remotely controlled with buttons on the stereo headphones.

You need the protocol on both the headphones, and the mp3 device. Do a google search for more info.

Thanks guys, I'm making slow progress, got the darned things to play audio from a PC but the sound quality low, there are two options under Windows sound playback device, BT Audio and BT High Qaulity Audio. The latter gives the sound of silence, but it is high qaulity silence. The former works and sounds crap. Ah well.

Archived