Monitor Color Problems

I got on my hands and knees and twiddled with all the spaghetti that goes into the back of the computer and that has certainly restored the red and orange (obviously a loose connection?) but the color is still not as it should be (but not worth taking in for repair) Thanks for all the advice. I'll grin and bear it for the time being because I'm a cheap bastard.

quote:

So, if it's not what it should be, what is it? Don't give up with the job half done! Describe and maybe it's fixable 100%.

oooooh he gets so masterful when he's angry. I've come over all goosepimpley I really have.

It's not perfect because the black backgrounds look 'smokey' and a little grey.

It really could be my eyes though.

Be gentle with me DB cos I'm very sensitive, and if you bite me 'ead off, I'll take me baseball questions elsewhere.

I was once working in an office where someone had a similar monitor problem to Bangkok Phil's. Technical support was called out and the guy just proceeded to tap the monitor sharply on the back which cured the problem. He said afterwards that he was familiar with this model of monitor and they were renowned for having a loose connection at the back which could be fixed this way.

Archived