WIKPEDIA

sayjann

i like to look at this each Day and just see what has happened on each Day.

i found this interesting........

1844 - The Great Anticipation: Millerites, followers of William Miller, anticipated the end of the world in conjunction with the Second Advent of Christ. The following day became known as the Great Disappointment.

i know how they felt.

i always looked forward to the 2nd cumming the next Day and did have disappointments when the Girl made excuses not to accomodate me.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

i like this Website....... :grinyes:

i'll try and post a fact i find interesting each Day.

1986 - Alex Ferguson is appointed manager of Manchester United F.C.

1989 - Kitty Dukakis, wife of presidential candidate and Massachusetts governor Michael Dukakis, is hospitalised for drinking rubbing alcohol.

1492 - The Ensisheim Meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, struck the earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace.

i'm curious to know how they knew it was around noon....... :dunno:

1962 - Richard M. Nixon loses the gubernatorial election in the U.S. state of California. In his concession speech, he states that this is his "last press conference" and that "you won't have Dick Nixon to kick around any more". :rotl::rotfl:

i bet the Yanks wished this true.

Steve McQueen died this Day.

but more importantly this young Lady was born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_Thai

Nov 8th.

1864 - U.S. presidential election, 1864: Abraham Lincoln is reelected in an overwhelming victory over George McClellan.

1892 - U.S. presidential election, 1892: Grover Cleveland is elected over Benjamin Harrison and James B. Weaver to win the second of his non-consecutive terms.

1932 - U.S. presidential election, 1932: Franklin D. Roosevelt defeats Herbert Hoover in a landslide victory.

1988 - U.S. presidential election, 1988: George H. W. Bush is elected over Michael Dukakis.

4 on the same Day........

1971 - The fourth album of British rock group Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin IV) is released, including one of the group's most well known songs, "Stairway to Heaven".

Archived