Bangkok to Sanya China

adanac

Go to Hong Kong.

You'll probably fly into Haikou. Or I think there's a ferry. Then taxi down the delightful motorway. Not being sarcastic, it was actually very cute - the central reservation had lots of flowers on it with abundant butterflies. Ah nature.

Sanya's not really up to much. Went to a big open aired courtyard place in the town not far from the river. Just lots of tables and foodstalls. Dadonghai Beach is alright. Nice water and sand. Get into one of the hotels there if I were you rather than stay in town. Couple of massage places too.

If you're curious about guns in any way shape or form then check out the Olympic Shooting Range. I actually think it's a perk for some general in the Chinese army. Got to fire a 14 mm anti aircraft gun there as well as AK47. Dollar a bullet for the rifles but I think it was about 12 bucks for the ack ack gun. If you are into pearls/jewellery there are a number of those shops around in Sanya too.

If it's P4P you're after then stick around in Haikou as there's more action.

this is on Hainan Island. there is no direct flight from Bangkok.

Hongkong is closer than Guangzhou.

but i have not heard of a reasonable ferry from Hongkong, certainly not from Hongkong airport as it is still pretty far.

expect prices in Sanya more close to Hongkong than the other areas of china

Archived