Living with a Thai Girl - eating with small creatures Part 2

Nervous_Dog

Jimmie is at the height and age (1 and 1 month) where he can sit in the front of the shopping trolley (sister is in the seat) and play with things we buy.

He stacks up cans of things, moves them around, and generally thinks the trolley is a great play pen full of new toys and building blocks.

In fact heâ??s so preoccupied with what heâ??s doing we almost forget him.

Case in point, shopping at Villa, and as we have a new oven, Lasagne will be made tonight!

Now Villa isnâ??t the cheapest shopping place but often it is not bad. Corn flakes are cheaper than at Big C for example, so itâ??s not a total HiSo shopping experience, however some things are expensive!

So DarLek and I are leaning over the vegetable counter, buying the cheapest eggplants we can find we suddenly Jing-Joe yells outâ? NO JIMMIE NOâ?Â

Jimmie, thinking weâ??re at a buffet rather than a supermarket has leant across and grabbed a tomato and started eating it. In fact he LOVES the tomato, eating it with relish.

However when we look at the tomato, firstly, itâ??s yellow, not a sign of cheapness. Itâ??s 550 baht a kilo! It is weighed and cost 70baht! What sort of tomato is this? Why has he chosen the most expensive tomato to eat!

A $2.00 TOMATOE! Thanks Jimmie,

You say Tomato, I say I was taken!

ND,

At first I thought the subject was "Living with a Thai Girl - eating small creatures Part 2". I thought to myself...so what's the big deal?

A delightful and refreshing account of family life. There's compelling evidence that Jimmie will be a connoisseur of fine foods. Undoubtedly you will have to consult with him, and let him do a taste test, before purchasing anything next time.

-OT

Archived