City of smiles.

chuckwoww

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck,

Oh yeah, the 'truth' from and about the 'real' Pattaya, told by a bar owning pimp, some sex tourists and sexpats, and a guy that looks like he's lived on the beach the past 20 years, or one of the guys from ZZTop on holiday in Pattaya?! I'll have to rush over to E-bay and buy that one. :D How much is it? :smirk: Promoted by TAT I bet? :)

Cent

The Thai Lady just looked like the girl from "Bangkok Girl" only her english was worse!

I am not trying to judge the people from their looks and owning a bar is a very smart job in Pattaya, even when it is a Bulldog Bollocks Bar :)

I am judging people by the way they talk, that tells me more about their character than their looks.

I am getting their point, Pattaya is used as THE p4p dirthole in Asia. That is because it is the p4p dirthole, no matter what! Media coverage used to report about BKK in the same manner, while BKK is still more a city than a red light district Pattaya became a huge brothel. While Pattaya was a recreation resort in it's early years the tourism boomed so much that the "if you build it they will come" principal applied in no time! With the tourists came the hookers and trying to seperate the nightlife from the regular life didn't work either. If you are in a driving baht bus you can't count to 5 untill you see another sex tourist joint. The authorities are doing everything to create more places for regular people like the life style center at soi 13 and 2nd road or the event center between soi 5 and soi 6 but that will just attract more tourists that WILL rent a girl and at the end there will be more girls coming to the city! In Pattaya it is impossible to ignore the p4p scene, you don't have to get involved but you can't oversee it. The beach is a piece of junk, the water quality is the worst in the country and the families have to go outside the city to get some quality time. Family people usually like the country but beeing once in Pattaya the next holidays they will go to Phuket! Doesn't matter how many millions the authorities invest! The nightlife is a threat to every married woman no average woman would like to return to a city like this.

Is it true what these guys say? No it isn't. If you play golf then Pattaya is a paradise, if you live outside the city then you live cheap in a sophisticated envoirement and once you enter the city you are in the devils living room.

They lied about the HIV tests, those 3 bars who do them are doing them every 30 days and those are the bars who are known best. All others don't do tests, girls get hired without tests, all that counts is if she looks good and in many cases this even doesn't seem to be a requirement! Beach Road girls are the number 1 transmitters also the freelancers working at exzyte and stardust catering the asian men. Hollywood turned in an almost exclusive gay joint, the HIV rate is huge there and all of them workers do work with farangs as well.

Pattaya is a piece of shit from a regular persons point if view but it is also a candy hop for men like me, I don't even want to see that DVD bcause these guys are just trying to cover up the truth, they should have hired the former Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf.

Chuck,

Oh yeah, the 'truth' from and about the 'real' Pattaya, told by a bar owning pimp, some sex tourists and sexpats, and a guy that looks like he's lived on the beach the past 20 years, or one of the guys from ZZTop on holiday in Pattaya?! I'll have to rush over to E-bay and buy that one. :D How much is it? :smirk: Promoted by TAT I bet? :)

Cent

ZZ Top will not play in Poppaya!

What you say is bullshit.

I swim at a beautiful clean beach, in North Pattaya. I horseback ride in the mountains, ride my bike, go to the gym and eat the greatest variety of international foods available under the sun.

Everything is reasonably priced and it's only 2 hours from the capitol city, Bangkok, where there is an infinite variety of things to do.

Pattaya Bangkok Hospital is better than any hospital, in USA, at a fraction of the price.

There's always something cool to see and the tourists I've met, couples or singles, have a great time.

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, so maybe it's time for you to move on

That film clip is great.

Everything is reasonable priced, agreed!

The water quality is bad, even when the beach looks clean. Doesn't matter if you stay in North / South or Central Pattaya or even Na Klua. It is full of stuff and I would be really careful, I know too many people who got sick from the water!

Horseback riding is not Pattaya City, Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is great and also expensive, regular Thais cannot afford it nor can tourists on a budget! Of course it is cheaper way cheaper than in western countries!

I have met happy couples and I saw twice as much couples breaking up. I shifted my life over to Pattaya, the first months I stayed at decent hotels such as Marriott, I have seen the shock in the faces of couples with children when they realised what is sourounding them! I have actually talked to them!!! Their picture of Thailand was beautfiful beaches like in Phuket and what they got was Pattaya Beach. You can't compare that with each other!

What about the amount of bars you simply can't oversee? Please don't tell me that this is catering family vacations.

Why I have to move on? I love Pattaya that's why I bought a condo there, All I am saying is that these people in that clip are not telling the truth. If someone is trying to pretend that Pattaya is a beautiful CITY I am confused. Jomtjien has beautiful spots, Pattaya Hill, Ko Lan is a beautiful Island, Nong Nooch and some of the suburbs have a nice silent touch, but Pattaya as a City is a dirty little city with not much more to offer than sunbathing, shopping and enjoying the nightlife!

What they say about girls getting tested in the bars is a lie, in beer bars they don't test at all and the amount of STD infected girls is huge. What they say is actually dangerous if someone trusts these guys!

In an earlier Visa related post I have catched that you are retired, right on, good choice, that is a great spot to retire, It's a privilege to choose your final destination by yourself! I am sure it is well deserved. You know, mayn of these families see max the Tigerzoo, Jomtjien Beach and probably Ko Lan and the rest of the time they stay at the pool or beach. You and me know where to go but we haven't learned about these places in the first 2 weeks either!

Pattaya is not designed for families, some hotels are, but the majority of the city is designed for the single men and the more attractions they build, like the life style center at soi13 the more girls will come who are the bait for even more men!

That is not bullshit, that is what is going to happen in the next 2 years.

The city has a long history and the more they tried to get families the more single men came, new red light sois are created like Soi LK Metro, Soi Bokao is attracting more and more farangs, an Eden Club is opening etc...

I know too many people who got sick from the water!

[color:red]How many people do you know who are sick from the water?[/color]

I have met happy couples and I saw twice as much couples breaking up.

[color:red]How many couples do you know who broke up? [/color]

but Pattaya as a City is a dirty little city with not much more to offer than sunbathing, shopping and enjoying the nightlife!

[color:red]Most of Thailand could do with a bit of spit and polish as could lots of countries. What else is there to do in life other than eat, work and have sex? If you are into the arts then read books or hire movies? If you are into sports then you can do them in Pattaya. What specifically can't you do there that you can do in other cities apart from going to the opera/orchestra etc?[/color]

The city has a long history

[color:red]Wasn't it a nonentity about 35 years ago, just a fishing village? Hardly a long history. Didn't the R&R facilities for single GIs make the place what it is today? [/color]and the more they tried to get families the more single men came, new red light sois are created like Soi LK Metro, Soi Bokao is attracting more and more farangs, an Eden Club is opening etc...

[color:red]Soi Bukhaow has long been a farang haunt, it's hardly off the beaten track now is it? They've got a bloody bowling green just off it. Pattaya is more than just the first two or three roads that run parallel with the beach. Most non-residents will not go beyond them though. [/color]

You know what?

go in the water and enjoy it, up to you:) You don't have to be a guru to know what is in the water! If you want to expose your body to it, up to you! My Cousin, My Ex, The Chef Cook from Marriott and others got sick, alledgedly from the water!

I have no idea why people think I have something against Pattaya, you are either very bad readers or ****** ***** people, I love that city but I am not going to pretend it is a city with lots of variety! In every other tourist location in Thailand you have more options to do the things you listed above. Pattaya is small and that is just one reason. I don't argue with you because you seem to have a different picture, I know nothing because I just live there ;)

35 years is a very long time nowadays, 35 years is 1 year longer than I live and histroy can be made in 1 minute, the change of the city started in the 60s btw :) That was a comment based on absolutely nothing. The city changed it's face 4 times already, that is quite some history, from a fishing village to rich thai peoples beach location 45 years ago, to an GI domicil into a red light district which appeals 5 million tourists from all over the world every year (numbers increasing). If that isn't a history I am confused! How many farangs have you seen at Soi Bokao 3 years ago after 10pm? It is very off track, it used to be a place where Thais go out without getting bothered by us, that has changed a lot, the rental prices for rooms are now between 4000 to 6000 instead the 2500 to 4000 how it was 3 years ago. Many BGs live in that area and they are not happy about the development, once for the higher prices and also for farangs hanging near their buildings.

That was my last comment to a pretentious post in this topic, please stop claiming that Pattaya is something nice, it isn't! It is dirty, it is loud and it doesn't have too much of variety. I love it because of that, I want to make money and fuck my brain out, If I wanted something more spohisticated I would go somewhere else!

Archived