Global Warming, What a Load of Crap

The_Munchmaster

You made the statement, "People who deny global warming are to me akin to those who believe in alien abduction.". Wouldn't you say that your statement is an insult to anyone who disagrees with you? - basically flaming everyone who expresses an opinion not shared by you.

I read Crichton's book an was very impressed to find that a great deal of scientific research counters scientific research that makes an unqualified claim that global warming is occuring. And, I believe that people who have the opinion that it is not occuring are not at all akin to those who believe in alien abduction.

Personally, I don't know if global warming is occuring or if it is not. But, I believe reasonable people can have different opinions on the matter.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy Crichton's fiction but feel that is what he should stick to, his autobiographical "Travels" is definitly the work of some one with a few loose screws. I haven't read "State of Fear" but will watch for it in the local bookshops. I worry it will be a bit like a website address once sent to me by a born again Christian acquaintance that proved conclusively that the moon landings were a hoax.

Ok, Tiger Moth, but how do you explain the ice core data? Which clearly details the state of the earths atmosphere over the last 200,000 years? I'm very open to being wrong and changing my opinion...do you really think i want to believe that we are causing disasterous damage to the climate? I'd be very happy to be shown evidence to the contrary, but thus far all the signs are we are fucking things up and i'm worried.

When the polar ice caps melt a bit more you will probably have to move inland somewhat.No such problems down where I live BUT you'll need to be a member of No3 Para to negotiate all the hills and steap inclines of the tough Kentish terrain on your bike,AND you'll have to do it quickly otherwise the local "chavs"will be away with your wheels!

are you worried enough to cease flying on areoplanes to bkk/anywhere?, they're a disaster to the climate i hear.

Yes, i live in Thailand, why would i want to go anywhere else? :neener:

Please don't use that silly argument LP...one person makes fuck all difference...and you know it. Government and industry need to change.

Guest lazyphil

of course one person makes no difference but collectivly we do, we cant just look to govs because we know they have a dubious history fixing things.....ZN are you going to carry on consuming all you want and just blame govs?.....govenments/industry just facilite power/products etc etc etc generation to satisfy our whims, take away our greed for stuff and they'll cease generating in such vast amounts!....yes its not easy questioning our need for everything......could you live like an malawian?....we might all have to one day :shocked:

LP, i'm really quite environmentally friendly...apart from breaking wind now and then and adding methane to the mix...so i do my bit, apart from the flatulence....

My efforts will make no difference. I guess i could eat a diet containing less fibre tho'...

Governments and business need to change. Business controls govt....You wont therefore see anything radical until a lot of businesses start to lose profit margin....and that isn't going to happen soon!

ND, take my carbon credits...go nuts... immolate a herd of buffalo, have a ball.

Guest lazyphil

hehe, i'm the founder member of the palace of righteous justice.....seriously we can all do our share but some boffins claim its gone of the tipping point already :( oh and i've never been a smoker :angel:

Archived