Draft Beer - Taking The Piss

MooNoi

In Pattaya last weekend, and was blown away (unfortunately not in the right way) to find in Dollhouse and Silver Star A-go-gos, when I ordered a draft beer, it was 95 baht in each place!

Sorry, but that's taking the piss.

Not going back to these places when I can sit in Peppermint or Champions and sink 50 baht beers all night.

Only a matter of time until the other bars follow suit.

Maybe they're trying to force draft beer out of the bars by making it so expensive that everyone drinks bottled beer instead as the prices are so close.

Still... not happy.

I am with DDDAVE,

a 90 bath draft is 0.5 litres and the 50 to 60 baht drafts are 0.33 litres. Some mugs really have thick glass so you can't even tell the difference on first sight! Living Dolls Showcase usually charges a few percent more for the drinks but they deliver a good show the entire night and i just noticed yesterday that their show girls are getting hotter and hotter!

It is probably just a princible of yours to not get screwed over instead of paying 70 cents more per drink, in this case you should be lucky not to be russian or japanese, they are paying way more and thais only pay the half price!

While tourists pay up to 150 baht for a street DVD i pay 70 baht. I have learned in LOS and especially Pattaya you can't afford to have too many principles or you won't have fun!

Just my 2 cents

Sorry but the Bt90 (and we're talking about Bt95 here) are not 0.5L (or around a pint = 568ml). If they were they there would be an argument.

Even worse is the fact that they are attempting to fool the customers. For a couple of years now, the go-gos have used cheap draft to entice punters, largely keeping the price static or very much below that of a bottle all night. They employ hello girls advertising Bt50 or so but no mention that it may go up !

Customers have a right to know. Or they become ex customers. A pretty simple argument really.

Sorry but the Bt90 (and we're talking about Bt95 here) are not 0.5L (or around a pint = 568ml). If they were they there would be an argument.

Even worse is the fact that they are attempting to fool the customers. For a couple of years now, the go-gos have used cheap draft to entice punters, largely keeping the price static or very much below that of a bottle all night. They employ hello girls advertising Bt50 or so but no mention that it may go up !

Customers have a right to know. Or they become ex customers. A pretty simple argument really.

haha...yeah, right. welcome to thailand. customers have NO rights, the customer is NOT "always right", and bars really couldn't give a shit about losing you or I as a customer...there will be ten yokels off the plane tomorrow to replace us.

preahko

Archived