Intent on voting, Pa. woman, 95, calls 911

Fidel

Associated Press

READING, Pa. - Anna Urban has been voting since Franklin D. Roosevelt was president and wasn't about to miss an election.

When the 95-year-old Reading resident didn't have a ride to the polls Tuesday, she didn't hesitate. She dialed 911.

Dispatchers forwarded the call to the Berks County Election Services office, where it was considered a compliment.

"To call 911 and ask for help to vote really says a lot," said Deborah M. Olivieri, election services director. "It meant a lot to everyone in this office; it made us feel what we do is worthwhile."

County Commissioner Judith L. Schwank immediately picked up Urban, and Urban walked to the voting booth at Millmont Elementary School on her arm.

"All my life I voted," said Urban, a Democrat, who cast her first ballot in the 1930s. "You need to vote to be a good citizen."

fuck voting.........

i have not voted for my local candidates for many Years as the cunts piss me off.

they are suppossed to be representing me but i have a big problem.

at my last local election i looked at the addresses of the candidates and the nearest one lived 80 Miles away.

how the fuck can he represent me and know what is going on in his Ward when he is so far away........?

they should be forced to live in the area they are elected for so that the locals can knock on their door anytime and air their grievences.

but they won't do this because they want to get paid the money but want no contact with the lower class........

Archived