Dream Hotel, Soi 15

Evel_Penivel

I stayed three nights (Nov 4-6) in the Dream Suite (their best suite. promotional rate of $210/night).It's a brand-new hotel on Suk Soi 15, about 100 meters past the Manhattan on the right side of Soi 15 walking from Sukhumvit Rd. Top-notch decor and service. State-of-the-art entertainment system with a 42-inch wall-mounted plasma TV in the bedroom, a 32-inch plasma in the sitting room. Fantastic bed with the softest sheets I've ever experienced. Round bathtub with separate shower.

I certainly didn't get the feeling I was the only guest, but it wasn't exactly hopping. Very guest-friendly, one night I came back with three ladies, one of whom had had too much to drink. Not a word from the hotel staff, the front-desk guys even offered to help assist her up to my suite if needed (it wasn't). The girls all loved the Dream, one called her biological sister to come see it and asked me to take pictures of them in the suite and the bar. They particularly liked the blue detail lighting in the bedroom (it can be switched off when not wanted).

Bar and rstaurant were also cool, but pricey. There are exercise facilities, but no pool. I heard guests can use the pool at a nearby property, but didn't verify this.

And the female desk staff features some very attractive women, gotta think physical beauty was one of the qualifications for employment.

In terms of value for money, the Platinum Suites at the President Solitaire win hands down (about $125/night), but you're paying for the coolness at the Dream and it is indeed cool. It's the first time I've had TGs want to call friends/relatives just to see the hotel room.

Evel

Archived