Calif. College ban Pledge of Allegiance

texascity

>they see no reason to publicly swear loyalty to God and the U.S. government.<

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2006-11-10T021338Z_01_N09494500_RTRUKOC_0_US-LIFE-PLEDGE.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

amazing what Bush & the Christians have done to America in 6 years.

As the NON-EVANGELICAL became massively aware of the massive lunacy & idiocy .. & scope .. of the evangelical political agenda based on myths & lies .. anger has set in.

the basis for this reversal in America is covered in another article:

>neo-conservate philosopher Leo Strauss, who argued that the only way to stop liberalism from ruining society was for the elites (a.k.a his neocon followers) to exploit myths (religion) or create new myths (the Islamic Menace) that will unite the hoi polloi in an orgy of nationalistic fervor<

>the elites don't care if the myths they are exploiting are actually true; that's irrelevant as long as they're effective. Which is why we get Karl Rove talking about the Christian "nut-jobs," and the Kerry-hates-the-troops nonsense from last week.<

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/republicans-scientologi_b_33764.html

I don't think the heavy duty, right wing, born again types listen to anybody but this must all be very confusing for ordinary decent church going Americans.

I listened to Limbaugh's reaction the other day. He blames the GOP for not being conservative enough and makes it sound like the US will be under Sharia Law within 10 years. What a nut.

I used to watch Rush when he was on TV .. 6:30 AM on some Houston UHF channel .. he is funny .. & more entertaining with coffee than the Today Show or local news..

the biblical Christians are trying to stop medical research .. to alter & distort science .. deny education .. deny medical care ..

actually limiting condoms in AIDs relief programs..

the unyielding support for biblical mythical land grants was a prime instigator for the legendary, infamous & vaporous Binnie.

quite amazing where THEY have us.

ok,slightly off topic.

many years ago i was in the good old USofA visiting Family.

one Day i was playing a tape and Woody Guthries 'My Land Is Your Land' came on and my 5 & 7 Y.O. Cousins started singing along and i was surprised.

they told me that this was the song that the kids sang every morning at School assembly.

i was surprised because i thought the National Anthem would be the song sung.

Archived