Melbourne bar cancels bikini party

Julian2

Melbourne bar cancels bikini party

Wednesday Dec 20 11:16 AEDT

A Melbourne nightclub has been criticised for offering free drinks to women in bikinis.

Public outrage has forced a Melbourne nightclub to cancel a Christmas party that offered unlimited free alcohol to any bikini-clad women.

A spokeswoman for Melbourne CBD club, Amber Lounge, confirmed that Friday's bikini bash was off in favour of a Hawaiian party.

Everyone who attends the party will receive two free drinks, regardless of gender, she said.

The bikini party sparked widespread criticism, including from Victoria Police Commissioner Christine Nixon, who branded it an irresponsible marketing ploy.

advertisement

Premier Steve Bracks said the club would have to prove it would be serving alcohol responsibly, while the Centre Against Sexual Assault said it degraded women.

I've been following that story for the last few days with amusement. once the do gooders get a hold of it the pollies have to step in and remind us all of our morals.

can't say i'm surprised it got cancelled but getting only two drinks to show up in a bikini is hardly incentive. i know it was initially all u can drink but really once they pulled back from that they were fucked.

it would've been full of top looking bods though as my experiences going to pajama parties at Lenny's disco at glenelg showed me that the ones who know they're stunners like to get there gear off.

oh dear lenny's at glenelg in adelaide....what an absolute dive of a meat market. it makes go-go bars look classy...

A few years ago a desperate mate dragged me down to the Arkaba one night, supposedly Adelaide's premier pick up spot. I'd just come back from the PI so sat and watched the action. It mainly consisted of women in their fifties trying to pick up guys in their thirties, while said guys tried to avoid the advances of the more gross of the predators. I only drank two light beers all night, the dread thought of getting drunk then waking up with some of the women that were there was too much to contemplate.

I know Lennies, it was more of a place to go for the fights than the fucks in my day. Of course the Glenelg women were all over us Port Adelaide studs like a coat of paint. :p

Archived