Farang Suicides...

rookie

I started reading the Pattaya sub-forum, on ThaiVisa...and was surpised by a thread on farang suicides occurring at shooting ranges.

We've all read and heard about the farang condo divers...but I'd never read about farangs shooting themselves at a Pattaya gun range.

The initiator of the thread said the incident was in the Thai papers...but not the English language papers. Others commented there have been 6 such suicides this year...none being reported in the English language papers.

Part of the initial thread:

Source: Thai language newspaper dated December 10th 2006

An American citizen aged 35 turned a gun on himself and died, in what appears to be suicide at a Pattaya shooting range on December 9th 2006.

Seems to be a new fad of those who want to end it all, but who are afraid of heights. Read of 2 or 3 of these suicides the past year in the Pattayanewspapers I think, or on the net maybe it was. Wish these sorry assed losers would use less messy ways to do themselves in. No consideration for those who have to clean up after their sad trip to the other side.

Cent

You do see a lot of sad characters in that city on a constant basis...guys who are probably carrying a lot of "baggage" you can only speculate about. Desperation, a love turned sour, money problems, business deals gone bad...I'd guess a very significant number of guys are ripe for taking their own lives. A bit surprised that this way out isn't more popular.

HH

I believe when i go it will be a bullet to the head. Seems like a very fast way to get it over with. I won't hang myself. No bags around the head either.

First i would have to check my life insurance policy to see if it has a suicide clause. If it does, then I would drive my car at 200 kilometers an hour into a bridge support. To make it look like an accident.

Jeez, am i thinking too much about this? Better get back to LOS and get some GFE type of therapy.

Archived