hotel soi 22

hooper

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the area. (without joiner fee)

Around 1000-1500 bht.

You can get these rates by negotiating directly (not during high season but I guess they will not see high season before some time) with the hotel reservation staff.

- If you stay one month you can get a rate of 36k at admiral suites (just past the imperial queens park hotel.

- Regency park (now owned by novotel) is a nice little hotel managed by professional so it is a sure bet.

- Maybe you can email the reservation service of grande mercure park avenue, the lowest room rate I saw was 1850/night but you could try your luck.

- Drop inn in a small sub soi at the begining of soi 20, not bad for the price but nothing great too.

- A bit further but worths the visit.

Town lodge on soi 18 (and there are connecting streets going from soi 22 to soi 18 without having to go by sukhumvit main road).

The lowest price is around 1080-1200, I am sure that I could maybe obtain a price (if they have rooms left) for a great room.

They are of course girl friendly.

Cheers

BelgianDog, your info on Town Lodge is a little dated as well.

Basic Room is now 1400Bt (incl B'fast), deluxe 1600 and Jacquzzi suite 3200.

I have said it before, IMHO best value for $$ in Bkk, but I'm biased, this month will be my No.12 visit (in as many months)

This Hotel treats me very well and more than adequately services my needs.

My only complaint is that the "grumpy" manager of Toxic has a nasty habit of getting me "shit faced" drunk.....one day I'm gunna end up falling off a Bar Stool and do myself some damage.

But whatever you do, don't tell too many people about it....I hate it when my favourite places get booked out!!!

Cheers DS / DC :beer:

i am looking for a room for about 1000tb though

Hooper -

You won't find a hotel with room at that price in Sukhumvit 22, (unless you take monthly option at Admiral Suites or one of the apartment blocks, such as Liberty Apartments).

For less than monthly stay, you have one option: a room above a bar, not a proper hotel.

In the Soi 22 neighborhood, I know of four such bars that have regular rooms available.

There may be others.

Regular rooms as opposed to short-time rooms.

They are:

D'Pelican (The best value for the money in the 1,000 baht range: clean, quiet, modern, safe, with European-Scandinavian food).

Bourbon Street (Also good value for the money, clean and safe, with American-Southern-style, food).

Silver Dollar (Rooms are clean and quiet, just nothing fancy, with American & Mexican food).

Texas Lone Star (I've never seen the rooms, but I sure don't like their food.)

There is another option in Soi 22, which I advise you to avoid: Hotel 27.

From the outside it looks like a cheap, filthy, short-time hotel, which it is.

The foreigners I've noticed walking to-and-from there, fit the description, too.

I've never been inside.

Also, in the same little alley as Hotel 27 there is a guest house, on the right as you walk in.

I don't know the name.

The outside is a sky blue color, the place is littered and unkempt.

The scruffy sort of people lounging in front don't look like the sort I'd want for neighbors, even for one night.

Bottom line:

For 1,000 baht, first choice is D'Pelican.

Second is Bourbon Street.

Both will be very busy this time of year: make your reservation well in advance.

Archived