Pick Up Artists

Steve

Just finished a book called 'The Game' by Neill Strauss about the subculture of pick up artists. I came across the book from a former coworker who was a bit nerdy. He would ask me (and others) for advice on women, etc. I suggested a trip to LOS amongst other things...lol. Anyway, He told me about the book and that he tried a few things that the guys did and said he got laid twice in a month at the local bars here. So you know I HAD to read this book...haha. I am not the greatest pick up artist in the world. I strike out plenty of times but at the risk of sounding immodest I have always done better than the average guy and usually my problem is not getting girls but quality.

While reading the book I thought of people I know that have always gotten a little more than their 'fair share' of women and a lot of these guys weren't good looking either. I took a closer look at those. Good looking guys go without saying, women come to them or give them signals all the time. its the less attractive guys that get women that one should take a look at.

Although the book did not have pics of the guys, they were described physically and the author made it clear that these guys were not physically attractive, in fact, not even average looking but mostly described as below average. These guys were getting stunners and the phone numbers of some famous women (Courtney Love, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears). Playmates, models or your run of the mill 10 on a scale of 1-10 stunners. These guys who basically broke down the seduction of women to a linear, scholastic endeavor had some things in common with similar guys I knew in real life.

I also saw some things that I did that was validated by these guys in the book. Three attributes I saw that stuck out: a) confidence and B) they were outgoing or seemed like the alpha male type or type A personality and c) they were the exception. The guy who was brave enough to treat the prettiest girl as if she was the ugliest.

Archived