New LoxInfo Internet package UNLIMITED 1222WebTOT

FIGJAM

Hi guys, I'm going to stay in Pattaya for about 4 months and I've taken a room with a normal T.O.T. telephone line to be able to connect to internet with my laptop. Browsing the web looking for a good deal from a Thai service provider I've found this LoxInfo internet package: "UNLIMITED 1222WebTOT" (http://www.loxinfo.co.th). 400 baht per month and no time limits within the month you have paid for. Sounds like ideal for me but this is a new service, just started. Has somebody already tried it? What about the connection speed and the reliability of the service?

AFAICS the are 2 alternatives (both from Loxinfo, I don't know any other ISP): WebNet (a temporary account) and Web100 (a permanent account). Web100 is a far better deal than Webnet but I think I'd gotta do some paperwork to subscribe it (long process? difficult?).

Any comment/advice?

Thanks to whoever can help.

Ah... and what about the home internet connections in general in LOS? Good/bad/fast/slow etc.?

Ciao, pao.

P.S. Regarding the telephone line charge on local calls, is 5 baht per call the normal rate for the TOT (Telephone Organization of Thailand) lines?

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: pao ]

Hi

I have not got all the answers you asked for but i can shead some light on a few of your questions as best i can as i am not a computer expert, just learning from lots and lots of trials and errors.

If you have a TOT line then the loxinfo package sounds like it is for you. I have not used it as i do not have a TOT line, Anybody on the board using a TOT line will let us know im sure.

400 baht for 30 days unlimited access with no paper work is a good deal, This 1222 number can only be used on TOT lines and not on Telecom Asia or TT&T's lines,

CS internet have a 300 baht a month unlimited useage account available that works on all lines and the other 75 provinces for 50 baht extra but it takes a little bit of paper work , you can save yourself loads of baht per month once you have joined especialy if you use the net a lot.

Ksc have an ''unlimited usage'' so they call it but after a maximum of 5 hours for one Internet connection there is an automatic disconnect and if there is no send or receive signal for 15 minutes then also an automatic disconection will take place.The price is one baht cheaper than CS at 299 baht but can be only used in Bangkok for now on 02 numbers.

I use KSC ,CS & Loxinfo and they all work well for me at the moment , this depends greatly were you live though and the state of your phone lines and also that these ISP's keep upgrading there hardware as more users join up, I have helped a number of people get a better conection in Bangkok by running a simple earth wire from the computer to the ground. This stops the static electricity in the phone lines and is the first step to try in Thailand if you are getting cut off by your ISP or not getting a conection straight away everytime you try.

Racha,

Firstly, thanks for your kindly useful reply.

400 baht for 30 days unlimited access with no paper work is a good deal

No paperwork? I've just to buy "the box"? No faxes with personal data to be sent to Loxinfo etc.?

If so, I will surely give it a try!

I'll post the result here to let you (and others interested) know.

BTW what about the paperwork for Web100 (my second best alternative)?

I have helped a number of people get a better conection in Bangkok by running a simple earth wire from the computer to the ground. This stops the static electricity in the phone lines and is the first step to try in Thailand if you are getting cut off by your ISP or not getting a conection straight away everytime you try.

Interesting, I'll test the telephone line in Pattaya (along with other plugs and sockets... smile.gif" border="0 ) and after I may ask you more details on this.

THANKS!

Ciao, pao.

Jasmine Internet also has a Nonstop package "Ji-NET NONSTOP" which I tried last month; from a shop in Seri Center it cost Baht 320 (on the pack it says Baht 333.- )

Again it only works with TOT Lines - 1222 Number - but there is no session limit and absolutely no paperwork at all. Set up a new connection using DUN, enter the Login Name and Password given in the package and away you go.

One tip - you must add "@ ji-net.com" to the Login Name given in the package, it does tell you this .... but in very small print.

The package works in all 76 Provinces and you get 3 free Emails too - but for that you have to register the package.

I used it for a month and had absolutely no problems, speed was as good as my usual Internet Thailand connection - I am in Bangkok however, how it would perform up-country I don't know!

Paul

I did not try it but I will soon. Samart co sells unlimited (I guess disconnect after 5 hours) cards, one month around 350 baht and for 2 months around 650 baht. That should be a system without too much paperwork. I looked at other sites on the net, checked cscoms, but found out it involves a lot of hassling, sending payment slips from the bank to the co etc. So if you find companies that sells just cards with a username and password to connect, it should be much easier.

Loxley has been advertising the 1222WebTOT for nearly 2 months, as available everywhere in country. In Pattaya the Loxinfo office just received the packets 10 days ago. Unfortunately, the 1222 numbers don't seem to be in service yet in Pattaya, so who knows when the service will actually be running.

Loxley may advertised it early in order to stop people from going to cheaper ISPs like CS, which I understand works very well at a very low price. Loxley does have packs like Webcafe (300 hours for 3300 Baht w/o Email service, but you can get the smallest, cheapest Web3 for Email and only use the Webcafe to log on) but I think most other ISPs are cheaper and probably work just as well as Loxinfo. I know people who have moved from Loxinfo to CS in Pattaya and are happy with it.

Loxley has been advertising the 1222WebTOT for nearly 2 months, as available everywhere in country. In Pattaya the Loxinfo office just received the packets 10 days ago. Unfortunately, the 1222 numbers don't seem to be in service yet in Pattaya, so who knows when the service will actually be running.

Very bad to hear this! I'd already planned to go for it but it seems I've to change my choice...

Anyway, I'm e-mailing Loxinfo about 1222WebTOT in Pattaya. I will forward any interesting news (if any) to this board.

Loxley may advertised it early in order to stop people from going to cheaper ISPs like CS, which I understand works very well at a very low price. [...] I know people who have moved from Loxinfo to CS in Pattaya and are happy with it.

Where can I buy a CS package in Pattaya? BigC? Has CS a website where to go for further infos about prices/hours/terms?

TNX!

Ciao, pao.

Archived