Hillary Clinton launches White House bid:

OCgringo

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/20/clinton.announcement/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton jumped into the fray as a 2008 presidential candidate with the words "I'm in" posted on her Web site.

"And I'm in to win," she added in a statement, announcing she has set up an exploratory committee that can gauge opinions and raise money for a presidential campaign.

Clinton's announcement comes on the same day that the next president will be inaugurated two years down the road: January 20, 2009.

The former first lady and Democratic senator from New York is considered her party's front-runner in what has become a diverse Democratic field. (Watch Clinton's offer to chat with voters as she launches her White House campaign Video)

Should she win, she would be the first woman to serve as president of the United States -- and the first presidential spouse to do so as well. President Bill Clinton served two terms from 1993 to 2001.

On Tuesday, Democrat Sen. Barack Obama announced that he was filing papers to form a presidential exploratory committee, a bid to become the first African-American president. (Full story)

And on Sunday, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, also a Democrat, is expected to announce his bid, one that could make him the first Latino president.

more at the link

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God I'm OUT! :yikes:

The Sunday Times January 21, 2007

Hillary runs for the White House as â??new Thatcherâ??

Sarah Baxter, Washington

HELLARY CLINTON is to be presented as Americaâ??s Margaret Thatcher as she tries to become the first woman to win the White House. As she entered the 2008 presidential race yesterday, a senior adviser said that her campaign would emphasise security, defence and personal strengths reminiscent of the Iron Lady.

â??Their policies are totally different but they are both perceived as very tough,â? said Terry McAuliffe, Clintonâ??s campaign chairman. â??She is strong on foreign policy. People have got to know you are going to keep them safe.â?Â

Clinton, 59, used her website to announce that she was taking the first step of her campaign by forming a presidential exploratory committee. â??Iâ??m in. And Iâ??m in to win,â? she said.

It made the New York senator the instant frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. â??She has the name recognition, the money, the glitz, sheâ??s got it all,â? McAuliffe said.

If she wins, she will return to the White House where she spent eight years as first lady during Bill Clintonâ??s presidency from 1993-2001.

McAuliffe predicted a rough campaign. â??She is going to fight for herself and she is going to have people around her who will fight,â? he said.

â??They are going to play mean, nasty and dirty on the other side. You donâ??t walk into a knife fight without adequate gloves.â?Â

The Clinton campaign intends to paint the Republican nominee as President George W Bushâ??s political heir, particularly over the war in Iraq. â??George Bush is going to be on the ticket whether they like it or not,â? McAuliffe added.

Clinton said she would talk to voters about â??how to bring the right end to the war in Iraq and restore respect for America around the worldâ?Â. She also hopes to appeal to women voters in their twenties and thirties.

Clinton faces strong competition from Barack Obama, the charismatic but inexperienced 45-year-old Illinois senator. The race is already being billed â??the magic v the machineâ?Â.

Hillary will not win ,

if she is the Demos choice the Demos will not win,

Too many people really hate Bill Clinton , maybe for stupid reasons but they hate him,

And with Bush or Chaney not running it will be harder to put all the bad stuff on the Republican canidate ,

It will be interesting , anyone know the UK bookie odds ?

OC

Well she couldn't be worse than Bush....i know that's hardly a glowing endorsement, but it's true..

I also believe the USA could benefit from having a female president...and only fuckwits will lump her in with her husband, she should be considered in her own right, on merit.

Thank God I'm OUT! :yikes:

The Sunday Times January 21, 2007

Hillary runs for the White House as â??new Thatcherâ??

I knew there was a reason I do not like her. It puts her on the right place in the political spectrum though, she is no Democrat.

I worked with a fellow in the States whose cousin was an Arkansas state trooper assigned to the Governor's Mansion. He said his cousin told him that he used to sneak women into the Guv's Mansion for Bill ... and sometimes for Hillary! Cuz insisted Hill goes both ways. Just wait if some of those stories come out.

Archived