Finn to fight in Burma.

chuckwoww

Finn says to fight with KNLA in Burma -Paper

29.1.2007 at 16:42

A 28-year-old Finn identified only as Mika intends to fight the Burmese military junta in the ranks of the Karen National Liberation Army (KNLA), the largest insurgent group in Burma, the Bangkok Post reported on Sunday.

"The Burma issue and the KNLA are well known in Finland," Mika told the paper, adding he had served in both the Finnish Defence Forces and the French Foreign Legion.

"Military types are well aware of the problems facing Burmese people and of the brutality of the (Burmese military). I want to join the KNLA to protect civilians."

"Some people help the Karen with their teaching skills. I have military skills, so I am helping with those."

Mika recently approached the Thailand-based All Burma Students Democratic Front (ABSDF), which told the paper it had hundreds of volunteers serving in Burma's ethnic armies.

According to the Bangkok Post, Mika, if accepted into rebel ranks, will probably travel to one of the ABSDF's training camps in Burma to learn guerrilla warfare tactics and jungle survival skills.

http://virtual.finland.fi/stt/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=14867&group=General

Yeah... talk about Rambo going to war for the right cause...Reminds me of soi Sri Bumpen years ago... outcasts' paradise... former soldiers but actual junkies bragging on how they were gonna join the burmese rebels and kill regular soldiers for money... mercenary dreams... yabaa and heroine reality... used to go out with my two neighbours in Lee 4... a year later one was dead and the second a vegetable in Bangkok nursing Hospital... heard he never made it back... good luck for the Finn... hopes he gets to screw pleasantly his way through the jungle... than chokes on a imported yoghurt...

Wanker Wanker Wanker. You don't just walk up and say "hey I gonnna fight with you guys" There was once an American vietnam vet who trained KNLA. First trip back to Mae Sot he was shot by Burmese Military Inteligence. Didn't kill him but was a warning for future foreigners who want to get involved. Many foreignes have offered their assistance to the Karen. Americans, Australian, South Africans, Kiwis, Isrealis. At one time they were hired mercinaries but most ended up paying with their lives and are buried somewhere in the jungle. It's odd though because French mercinaries have been hired by the SPDC to protect the Yadana gas pipeline from the KNLA.

Dude,

I understand that giving one's energy for lost causes can get frustrating at times but ya should try and remain polite, we're a civilized bunch ya know...

As working for SPDC or the KLNA ... hell of a big difference... you wish...

As said Cioran, 'the worst tyrans are the martyrs whose heads haven't been chopped off!'

So I don't really give a damn or a dime... and have better to do than showing respect to some white blokes looking to improve their self esteem while fighting in some thirldworld shitholes for anything else than blood diamonds or rubies...

I'm getting married soon BTW, I'm sure you'll be glad to know.

Cheers,

and wish you a self rewarding quest... as freedom ain't around the corner.

Dude, I understand that giving one's energy for lost causes can get frustrating at times but ya should try and remain polite, we're a civilized bunch ya know...

Nah..tried that. I don't disagree with wanting to help. I do disagree with going out of your way to drum up a bit of attention through the media.

Goodluck for your wedding. My invite must be still in the post :neener:

Archived