Comments from a Thai businessman leaching off the USA...

Turn him in, or burn it down... I say if you are not with us.. you are against us!!

If this were the burning of Ayuthaya or Baioke tower and a forigner spoke about it in even a slightly negative tone we would be shuned and maybe even arested. You can be deported and arested here for speaking badly about Thailand even in good times.

He is leaching off the freedoms we give him and pissing on the shoes of those that give him his livelyhood. '

Where will I eat if you deport him? Don't you know most Thai and Chinese can only afford to charge you as little as they do is because of this cheap illegal labor. No decent American will do the job for as little as these people will. Don't report anybody to the INS, they won't do anything anyway! crazy.gif" border="0

along the same subject line, I think some of the "values" of forigners ( the negative ones unfortunatly) are being introduced into our american socity.

My experience with this is that the business I am in has been "infultrated" ( for lack of a better word) by PPl from china and korea.

in the past few years I have seen corruption, threats to other dealers and their families, theft, vanalism ect.

Not just "piddly" stuff either, I have seen military items such as avionics, electronics, secure comm items. stolen, misapproiated, and most likely taken out of conus to countries where they are not only valuable, but could be used aginst us.

( any one here see the pbs special on land mines, the ones ( mostly plastic, so hard to dect) being made in china, using re-claimed ic's made by ti in the sensing circuts)

thats only a small part of it.

Not to sound like a bigot aginst forigners, or whatever, but I really think we need to control our borders not only aginst incomming ppl, but on what is taken out.

recent events may make my point.

"I'm sick and tired, and I'm not going to take it anymore" ( and chuck my tv out the window)

"I think the IRS would be be very interested in a case like this.

Illegals working with no tax withholding?"

I wish it was!, At the restaurant(single private owner), the owner accepts the counterfeit green cards(chuecos) from the illegals, then he pays them by check and withholds taxes, but there is one problem: he never lets the government know that these guys even exist. He keeps the withheld taxes

for himself, but they are officially "on the books" so that when they get hurt, they are covered by his Workers Compensation insurance. If the INS were to check him, he can show that the employee did in fact show him a "green card and a SS card". Most employers and employees get tripped up in this whole scheme when the SS money gets sent to the SSA and they reply with a letter saying that the SS# and name do no match. My boss is "smart" enough to cover his ass, while not even letting the govt. know that these guys exist.

I did call INS and filed a report but they didn't seem overly concerned about it. Fortunately, I have a couple friends working at INS so maybe I can get through to someone who is a bit more pro-active.

Someone posted about "not turning him in because he needs to hire cheap help to keep the prices low"...not this Thai restaurant!

His prices are VERY high and dinner for two comes in around $50+. My wife was shocked and said that the same meal (prepared better actually) would be about $12 at Banana Leaf at Silom Complex.

He's charging American restaurant prices so he can afford to pay American wages.

Basically, he lied to his Thai help and told them they could make tons of money over here and then proceeded to screw them over. They are here on tourist visas and shouldn't be working anyway. I feel bad for them because a couple are very nice but they are being ripped off. We're donating some blankets and food to them in a few days. At the restaurant he feeds them the cheaper food and meat that's no longer fresh for their lunch & dinner.

We certainly don't need this creep over here. The sooner he can go back to "neutral" Thailand the better. Maybe he can find plenty of company with others who share his concerns of "not giving a goddamn about those other people".

Archived