Pattaya Hotels with WiFi in room

SpiceMan

Grande Sole Hotel.

I often go there' date=' sit in the aircon coffee shop and avail myself.

The wifi coverage covers the lobby area as well as the rooms. [/quote']

:alert:

Where is the Grande Sole Hotel - and how much per room?

Its on Pattaya 2nd Road, before you get to the traffic lights.

Now until

Feb 28, 2007 Superior Single 1,284 THB Yes

Superior Twin/Double 1,284 THB Yes

Deluxe Single 1,749 THB Yes

Deluxe Twin/Double 1,749 THB Yes

Superior Triple 1,750 THB Yes

Deluxe Triple 2,215 THB Yes

Mar 01, 2007 -

Oct 31, 2007 Superior Single 972 THB Yes

Superior Twin/Double 972 THB Yes

Deluxe Single 1,399 THB Yes

Deluxe Twin/Double 1,399 THB Yes

Superior Triple 1,456 THB Yes

Deluxe Triple 1,865 THB Yes

Tim

Its on Pattaya 2nd Road, before you get to the traffic lights.

Long time since you were in Pattaya Tim? 2nd Rd is one way since some years except for bus. And from the hotel and north up to the Dolphin there're no traffic lights - it's south against the normal traffic (Pattaya Klang).

Location of the hotel is on the right side of 2nd Rd between Soi 6 (Yodsak) and Soi 5.

I became uncertain about the location of the hotel so I checked some hotel sites and don't trust those maps, one had it as far up as where Sabai Lodge (old Weekender) is some further south. So I used Google Earth and am now sure it's between Sois 6/1 and 6/2 (Tropicana).

I see Areca Lodge is not mentioned anywhere here.

Does that mean they still do not have in-room internet access of any kind? I know that was the case when I last stayed there, but that was two years ago and I was kind of hoping they had wired the place up by now.

If not, then I'll probably look elsewhere on upcoming visit. Suggestions other than few mentioned above?

Thanks bros.

:cool::cool:

Check out:-

www.jasminemansion.com/

It's just round the corner from Areca Lodge. I checked it out the other day as was thinking of changing hotel. Was quoted 700 baht a night, including breakfast, so I wouldn't read too much into their rates on the site.

Was a very security conscious place. The entrance to the stairwell is surrounded by a plexiglass doorway which is keypad entry. The common parts had cctv covering corridors etc. Seemed nice and clean and also quiet when I inspected. They have a niceish coffee shop downstairs, Full Of Beans, which is apparently open 24 hours. It's handy for LK Metro and the delights of Hell, Lolitas etc.

Downside is that it didn't have a lift. Plus it's a little pricey for what you get. If you want a proper hotel, with lift and marble floors, room service etc there's another joint along same drag and not too far away called 18 Coins, which doesn't have Wifi unfortunately but at 30 baht an hour in an internet caff so what. Was quoted 450 a night or 400 per night if pay for a week in advance. Possibly get it cheaper for longer stays. This is a nice little joint. Am seriously thinking of moving out of Leprosy Towers into here for the next week. If I can be arsed getting up before 12 pm check out time that is. Only thing is that you've got a walk down Soi Diana Inn to 2nd Road. Not such a problem unless you're avoiding a certain bar/girl down there! Of course one can walk either along towards Pattayatai and shoot down to 2nd Rd or the other way to Soi Honey Inn and get yourself down to 2nd Rd and baht bus heaven.

Lots of rumours in Pattaya about a potential move of go gos and bars away from the main "normal" tourist areas. Dunno how much water such rumours hold. However there are now a couple of go gos up in this area such as Oasis on the corner nearby and Memories in LK Metro. Maybe zoning will happen in a few years? One thing's for sure there's a lot more action round here than there used to be. :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

Archived