Better NOT Say It Was Faked in Germany

Hugh_Hoy

So if you have posted anything on a website that some country's government doesn't like, can you be tried if you ever set foot in that country?

I think it is a huge difference if you own that website or if you just post a comment! We can discuss if the law is good or not, IMO my and future generations are paying the price for what our grandfathers did, I am aware that this law is supposed to silence people about this topic in general but if it contributes to the peace process and keeps the jews happy I am rather censored/not allowed to talk about instead of upsetting jewish communities or even find myself in a revenge war with Israel.

What really bothers me about jewish people is that they never leave out a possibility to remind us Germans what our grandfathers did. They know we can't argue with them in public without getting the antisemitic label and possible jail time, they exploit that fact and stand on our soil, using German air time to point with the finger at people who haven't even been born when it happened!

There was once a movie on comedy central called "The Jewish Weapon" made by jewish people which used every single clicheé they possibly find. The leading character kills his final enemy by instating guilt!

However, I am not antisemitic I just have enough of this, I have nothing to do with any events of the WWII and I wish not to be finger pointed at for something that happened 2.5 decades before I was born!

'For many Americans 9/11 is comparable to the Holocaust'

comparable?.

a systematic regime (which took place over a number of Years) of annialation of many people is comparable to a one-off (but well executed) plan to shock.

i think there is a VAST difference.

any for the record i believe in the holocaust and in no way believe what happened under Hitler and what happened on 9/11 were acceptable.

I think Germany has done a lot in the last fifty years to correct the crimes committed in WW2. If they want to lock people up who honour the monsters who committed them, well, let the offenders beware. I think Hitler was an aberration that could have happened in any country, and occurred at a time when northern Europe was still reeling from the Great War.

The responsibility of your generation CT is to scorn nationalism and false patriotism; and not only young Germans but English, French, Americans and citizens of any other nation with the finger of some lunatic politician dangerously close to the wrong button.

Think about what kind of institutions we have now (United Nations, Nato) Think about the media attention we have now. Back then there was 1 TV per street and 1 channel, every 3rd citizen had a radio (Volksempfänger) Everything that was said on the radio or TV was propaganda created by Hitlers lobbyists (if you wonder how he got his support)

Don't wanna stretch that topic, but try to imagine what the current US administration could have done back then.

Germans a bit sensitive? Politically correct? Or just curtailing freedom of speech?

They are, by definition, curtailing freedom of speech.

I think it's important to let these sorts of people - fascist, ultra-left, jihadi etc. - say what they want out in the open. Then we know who they are and where we stand.

The Americans tried to ban flag-burning recently. Does anybody know whether that bill was passed? I think it's a stupid idea. Best to know who's who and what's what.

Speaking of fascists, ultra-leftists and jihadis, I notice they're getting awfully cosy with one another these days, sharing as they do one or two common pathological obsessions. I'm pleasantly surprised not to see even more support for poor old Ernst's ideas here.

Archived