Bangkok to Beijing

Snowman71

Last year in March I flew TG between Beijing and BKK. A friend in Beijing got me a heavily discounted ticket that could only be purchased in China. Because of WTO and other international agreements, China isn't allowed to do the "double pricing" trick on international flights. It used to be standard that citizens of the PRoC could buy air tickets for a fraction of what foreigners paid.

That's stopped because of the terms of international agreements, but they can offer heavily discounts on tickets purchased by anyone in China - how many non-Chinese sre going to wait until they get to China to buy tickets? Not many, so in practice mainland Chinese can still get air tickets at about a quarter of what foreign devils pay. If you have a colleague or friend living or working in China who can get the ticket for you, you'll pay the same low price are Chinese. Big-big bargains.

BTW, TG upgraded me to biz class to BKK from PEK and back. I didn't even ask, just happened. I think it was because they needed the seats in economy for Chinese groups that wanted to sit together.

Evel

:devil:

Archived