Vincents Angina ?

SiLeakHunt

I got some cough sweet sore throat jobbies yesterday for a bit of a bad trachea I've got at the moment and I read that the sweets I chose can be used to treat "Vincents Angina".

Does anybody know who this particular Vincent is and what's so perculiar about his brand of Angina ?

Cheers

and is it seasonal

Enjoy.

Definition of Vincent angina

Vincent angina: This is trench mouth, a progressive painful infection with ulceration, swelling and sloughing off of dead tissue from the mouth and throat due to the spread of infection from the gums.

Certain germs (including fusiform bacteria and spirochetes) are thought to be involved. Vincent's angina is best treated with the antibiotic penicillin.

This condition is also called Vincent (or Vincent's) angina after the French physician Henri Vincent (1862-1950). The word "angina" comes from the Latin "angere" meaning "to choke or throttle."

As with most poorly understood diseases, Vincent angina goes by many other names including acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis (ANUG), acute membranous gingivitis, fusospirillary gingivitis, fusospirillosis, fusospirochetal gingivitis, necrotizing gingivitis, phagedenic gingivitis, ulcerative gingivitis, Vincent stomatitis, Vincent gingivitis, and Vincent infection.

From same source (wikipedia)

The condition is caused by an overpopulation of established mouth bacteria due to a number of interacting factors such as poor hygiene, poor diet, smoking, other infections and stress. Treatment is by the simple reduction of the bacteria through improved oral cleaning and salt water or hydrogen peroxide-based rinses. Chlorhexidine or metronidazole can also be used in addition.

Archived