US rejects ban on cluster bombs

Fidel

I really don't want to hear this shit anymore. I know a lot of guys on this board are from the states so please don't take this personally but your government is pure evil.

No argument on that. It is becoming increasingly embarrassing to be American. I imagine I understand how plenty of ordinary Germans must have felt in the 1930s and '40s.

The arseholes in Washington do not represent the American people. But what the hell can be done about it!

:banghead:

I would seriously question how 98% of the casualties of cluster bombs are civilian. Just where are they using these things anyway? They shouldn't be used in civilian areas in the first place!

p.s. It shouldn't be that difficult to make munitions with a much shorter "shelf life".

Guys, I hate to appear anti-Zionist :liar: but they were most recently used to help deliberately kill civilians, mostly children, and to depopulate southern Lebanon.

The elite running America is made up of a bunch evil bastards who will rape, torture, abuse and murder WHOEVER gets in their way. The elite Zionists are probably worse. Amazing how the Palestinian Authority could be criticized for being corrupt when the Israeli government is full of rapists and criminals.

[color:green]Israel mined Lebanon with unexploded cluster bombs just before ceasefire

By Hung Two in MLP

Sun Oct 01, 2006 at 07:50:10 AM EST

Tags: Israel, Lebanon, cluster bombs, America (all tags)

'Million bomblets' in S Lebanon

Up to a million cluster bomblets discharged by Israel in its conflict with Hezbollah remain unexploded in southern Lebanon, the UN has said.

The UN's mine disposal agency says about 40% of the cluster bombs fired or dropped by Israel failed to detonate - three times the UN's previous estimate.

It says the problem could delay the return home of about 200,000 displaced people by up to two years.

The devices have killed 14 people in south Lebanon since the August truce.

The manager of the UN's mine removal centre in south Lebanon, Chris Clark, said Israel had failed to provide useful information of its cluster bomb strikes, which could help with the clearance operation.

[/color]

Link

More like they just don't know. Who is going to tell them? Certainly not the American media ...

I get embarrassed by some of the pro-Bush email crap sent me by friends at home.

p.s. As to clearing cluster bombs, it's easy. Just run tanks through the area. The bombs are anti-personnel and would hardly scratch a tank. Mean to say Lebanon has no tanks???

Not a very practical solution when the things are hanging from trees or buried in the rubble, or when things like buildings are in the way for example.

Those bombs dropped by Israel were most probably meant to act effectively as land mines to harm people who returned. They were trying to depopulate the area, destroying important infrastructure, they destroyed THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SCHOOLS. What does that tell you?

I agree with you on the media.

I sometimes flick through the news channels. These days, fox news is showing mostly Anna Nicole Smith bullshit and O'Reilly is busy trying to convince everyone that the kid who was kidnapped at 11 by a paedophile, didn't run cos he liked what was happening to him. The sick bastard.

The thing is, the media is complicit in all this war-mongering. They don't present the facts at all.

The elite in the US, as in the rest of the world, is deliberately retarding human development and traumatizing the world for their own ends.

Archived