Saturday - Bar Closing

Gadfly

I was in Pretty Lady last night and the DJ announced, in Thai, the bar would be closed on Saturday. I am pretty sure this Saturday is already on our list here of days when bars are closed or supposed to close, but I thought I would pass along this announcement since the "rules" have been so erratic lately.

Well, Since Pretty Lady is in Nana, and the notices I saw were at Cowboy, I would say both areas are going to be dark. Now, the law says nothing about the bar having to close, only that alchohol cannot be served. Patpong in the past has had more places open on days like this.

Mid Afternoon Report

I took a brief walk around Nana at about 2:30 PM Saturday. Day and Night, Big Dogs and a couple of other beer bars were open, but did not seem to selling alcohol.

Soi 7 Beer Garden was open as was all of Soi 7/1 expect Eden. Many, if not all were selling beer.

I got this from a Nana Go Go:

Not sure but our police sources are negotiating "pay-for-play"... you just gotta love Thailand for that!

I can't say just yet but I think most of Nana Plaza will pay a few thousand Baht to open...

Based on the touts, all of the soapies will be open.

In all, sanuk should be available without much trouble tonight

So far so normal in Pattaya. Then again have only been in a couple of out of the way joints up on Soi Buakhow so far today. Have heard talk that the more visible places on Beach Rd, Walking St may be affected. No doubt they'll bring out the china and sell "special" coffee. :smirk:

Archived