first time los

Hi All,

smile.gif" border="0 As this is my first posting and my first ever visit to bkk I have lots og questions.

1) I have just booked a flight via the net at a cost off 595.40 GBP. This was a spure of the moment thing, but it stops in muscat for 4 hours. Has anybody been there and has it got any drinking holes?.

2) I have not booked a hotel yet as it was just a sudden impulse to go, where should i stay and how much is it likely to cost me, should i just arrive at hotel or book in advance. Also are the hotels guest friendly?

3) I will arrive on the 22 July this year, will it be really hot and humid or just acceptable.

4) Do I need a visa for the two weeks that i will be staying.

5) I was thinking of buying a new camera, would it be wiser to buy in thailand or buy in the uk.

Cheers in advance Steve.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve

1. Never been to Muscat so can't help there

2. Book a hotel at the Airport or acess Asiatravel.com and book online, no credit card needed. Search Accomdation for guest friendly sone are some are not.

3. July will be hot and very humid.

4. Buy disposables in the UK.

You will have a great time, are you going to just Bangkok or moving around.

Hope this helps

Chris

That's a very good piece of trolling indeed, whoever you really are. I had to read it several times to fully appreciate it!

Sorry if I spoiled it, I suppose I should have waited to see if anyone bit.

If you insist this is a serious post I'll be only too happy to answer the questions of course, but drinking holes in Muscat?? Come on....

Hey i only booked the flight 5 hours ago, so i don't even know were Muscat is.

But this is my first visit to bangkok and I am really looking forward to it, I have nothing planed and will just take whatever LOS has on offer. So you suggest book a hotel from the airport. Thanks for the advice.

ps i have been reading the other messages and in one of them they talk about BBBJ's, what's it mean?. the first two b's that is.

ifyour serious I'llPost a couple of hotel phoneNos tomorrow I'm drunk now. Othergthatn that Nana hotel, Grace Hotel etc... no need to get ripped off with the twats at the airport.

LOL! OK, I still think you're a troll but I'll play along.

1. £595.40 is a hell of a lot for a return to BKK. I usually pay around £430 or so for an economy return and it's not hard to get that rate.

2. Nana Hotel. Perfect for newbies, ideal location, very guest friendly, adequate rooms. 1070 baht a night for a standard room. Website www.nanahotel.co.th

Read the threads in the "Accomodation" section for a lot more insight.

3. LOS iwill be hot and humid at any time of year for an unacclimatised farang but July is not the worst month to go from that point of view.

4. Yes you need a visa but it's free on arrival at the airport, you don't have to do anything beforehand if you have a UK passport.

5. Cameras are no cheaper in Thailand than the UK.

Hope this helps. BTW just in case you are for real I mean no offence but your first post was such a classic clueless newbie piece that I hope you can understand why I thought you were trolling. Honestly mate no offence and the best of luck but I'd do some serious reading of this board between now and July, and try to hook up with some guys who know the ropes when you get there.

quote:

1) I have just booked a flight via the net at a cost off 595.40 GBP. This was a spure of the moment thing, but it stops in muscat for 4 hours. Has anybody been there and has it got any drinking holes?.

Muscat is in Oman.

The people of Oman are followers of Islam.

Probably not the best place to grab a cool wet one during a layover.

But seriously, you need to read a bit about the places you are visiting before you visit them, just a few pages in some travel guide so as to avoid doing things that would give great offence to the local people.

JG

Well thanks for the advice everybody, I guess I will just head straight for the Nana hotel, I will problably stay there for a few nights then head for Pattaya.

As for the the flight it is with Gulf Air and it was the cheapest that i could find, there was lots at 450 GBP on the net, but they were all taken by the lucky one's who booked well in advance.

I guess there is a lesson to be learned, book your flight well in advance.

And i still don't know what the BB stands for in front of the BG so maybe someone can enlighting me.

The comment I made about Muscat was a joke lol.

Archived