Amazing & Great News if...

Gadfly

Sounds like another opportunity for the boys in brown to supplement their income.

...or for the morcycle taxi mafia to make a comeback...instaed of controlling the queue and who gets to wear a jacket, they can now control (access to) the parking lot...

My favorite is when I was pushed aside by an indiginant motorcycle taxi driver because I was inconveintly in front of him on the footpath between the Nana BTS station and the Landmark hotel. No injuries, but I was a bit annoyed.
Know the spot well. I put one into the fence there one night with a well timed drop of the shoulder in front of the guys who sell the scorpions etc. Maybe it looked so accidental. Apologized and then moved on quite rapidly I might add. Store owners got a good laugh out of it but the motorbike taxi driver failed to see the funny side of it. I think you just have to be aware of your immediate surroundings.

Know the spot well. I put one into the fence there one night with a well timed drop of the shoulder in front of the guys who sell the scorpions etc. Maybe it looked so accidental. Apologized and then moved on quite rapidly I might add. Store owners got a good laugh out of it but the motorbike taxi driver failed to see the funny side of it. I think you just have to be aware of your immediate surroundings.

Good for you. But for me, this is tempting to do, and I sometimes succumb to temptation, but since I am in the area frequently, I'd be look over my shoulders everytime I passed through the area. I see this a great strategy on, perhaps, the last day of a trip to Thailand when you know you won't return for another six months.

Archived