Very Scary Experience

I had a run in with a psycho bargirl in Pattaya. I didn't get her name and I can't remember the name of the bar she was in because I was pretty wasted.

She looked normal enough... very hot, actually. She was dancing on stage when I arrived. I was checking her out and she was making funny faces at me. I like the younger, more playful girls and she seemed to fit the bill. She bolted off the stage and into my arms. We were kissing pretty heavy and I had my finger up inside her within a few seconds. Then she ran back up on stage. I few minutes later she ran back and was shoving her tits in my mouth. I was all over this girl... dry humping and everything. I told her I'd buy her a drink and she went and got a shot of something. We clicked our glasses together, drank and then she started dancing in front of me and grinding her crotch on my knee. I'm thinking, "this is great". I was talking to my friend and out of the corner of my eye I saw her take her number badge off. She grabbed my hand and then suddenly stabbed my thumb with the pin. I was a little shocked but not sure what to do... I didn't think it would be a good thing to yell at her. Then, she stuck the pin in her thumb - squeezed out some blood and then quickly smeared it down my arm. She then ran back up onto the stage.

It took a couple seconds before it hit me that she might have just infected me with HIV! Who knows how many guys she's been sticking with that pin! Now I gotta go get tested in about 6 months... it was a bad experience. The only bad one I've had there. And to think that something like that could end up infecting me - when I've been extremely good and using condoms with these girls. I started thinking, what the fuck? Might as well go without condoms now...

There's really no moral to this story. I don't think there's anything I could've done to prevent this from happening.

mad.gif" border="0

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: J. T. Sterling ]

Nasty experience, you're very unlikely to be at risk unless she pricked herself first and then you.. even then the risks are minimal..but the worry will be with you for a while..She's clearly on a mission to cause grief.

It could be worse though, there are guys here who are fucking girls with frogs up them !!!

Keep us informed.

As you said, you were wasted and probably not thinking clearly so I don't blame you for doing nothing but if something like that ever happened to me I'd raise hell with the girl and the management and expect her to get fired at the very least.

Quite apart from the HIV risk, if somebody deliberately stuck a pin in me I wouldn't let them get away with it. Fooling around is fine but there are limits as to what is acceptable and this girl was way, way out of line!

On a more positive note, I would think that as long as she stuck you first you are at absolutely minimal risk of HIV. I've no medical training at all so take this with a pinch of salt but AFAIK unless she'd stuck the pin in someone else very recently then the virus cannot survive for long outside the body. That's what I've always thought anyway, but as I said don't take my word for it, ask a doc.

Best of luck, and if you ever remember the bar, or even which part of Pattaya it was in, I'd like to know. Girls like that scare me too.

This was my first trip to Thailand so I wasn't sure how to deal with this situation. I was drunk of course, but I also wondered if they'd just throw me out on my ear if I caused a scene. When I met up with my other friends later that night they also said that I could've complained to the Momma-san. If something like that ever happens again (perish the thought) I'll definately raise some hell.

Luckily, I was inoculated for Hep B & C well before I went - so I guess I'll be alright on that. Some believe that the HIV virus can last longer outside the body than what the "established" thinking/belief is. I tend to believe the more popular opinion that the virus is not that robust - but I'm still a little nervous.

quote:

Originally posted by J. T. Sterling:

Luckily, I was inoculated for Hep B & C well before I went - so I guess I'll be alright on that. Some believe that the HIV virus can last longer outside the body than what the "established" thinking/belief is. I tend to believe the more popular opinion that the virus is not that robust - but I'm still a little nervous.

There isn't a vaccination for Hepatitis C; Hep A and B only.

The U.S. Center for Disease Control says this:

To obtain data on the survival of HIV, laboratory studies have required the use of artificially high concentrations of laboratory-grown virus. Although these unnatural concentrations of HIV can be kept alive for days or even weeks under precisely controlled and limited laboratory conditions, CDC studies have shown that drying of even these high concentrations of HIV reduces the amount of infectious virus by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. Since the HIV concentrations used in laboratory studies are much higher than those actually found in blood or other specimens, drying of HIV-infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed--essentially zero. Incorrect interpretation of conclusions drawn from laboratory studies have unnecessarily alarmed some people.

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: Malachy Kidd ]

Malachy Kidd: You're right... it wasn't C, it was A & B. Shit, now I guess I should get tested for that... frown.gif" border="0

Oh, and thanks for the info on HIV. I'm sure that if there was any blood at all on her pin that it would've been very old. I mean, how many people could she have been sticking that night without someone shutting her down.

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: J. T. Sterling ]

Yeah, scary story!

Reguarding the needle prick, I would also add this:

About a year ago I read some materials aimed at medical professionals discussing the risk of on contracting various diseases from accidental needle pricks - that is accidentally jabbing yourself or someone else with needle shortly after if was used on someone carrying the disease. Appearantly this happens fairly often! (My aunt, who's been a nurse for 20 years picked up Hep B before their was a vaccine and recently got C too)

The risk was about 0.5% for HIV, and about 20% for Hep B.

quote:

Originally posted by Malachy Kidd:

There isn't a vaccination for Hepatitis C; Hep A and B only.

The U.S. Center for Disease Control says this:

[qb]...drying of HIV-infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed--essentially zero. .

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: Malachy Kidd ][/QB]

Archived