Thailand Re-thinking Economic Nationalism?

Gadfly

HeartThais, good to see you defend the policies that support a tiny elite, all in the name of, what was your political stance again?~

My stance is really that it should be obvious that the world cannot prosper without America. The countries that do business with America openly prosper and those that do not fail. Therefore, any anti-American policies that may keep Americans from investing, expanding, or buying real estate in their countries for the sake of economic nationalism are hurting the citizens of their own countries. Such policies only protect a handful of rich Europeans who are being protected from the intrusion of superior American businesses.

Which tiny elite was I supporting again? I'm supporting all the citizens of Europe!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tiny Thai elite that can buy foreign biz operations on the cheap by manipulating the FBA.

That would be my guess.

A few farangs do get suckered into this as well. You know, the type of guys who suggest bribing the customs department (putting aside any moral questions, this usually puts the farang at risk for blackmail). You know, the type who think they are special because they are "connected".

Having been here since 1994, I have seen where that leads.

Archived