TG in Korea

radioman

Folks,

Going back to one of my least favourite places, land of pickled cabbage, one night in Seoul then out into the boonies, well provinces anyway, same same in Korea though to me. Will be taking a special friend who always pleases and so far as I can gather should be no problem, no questions asked about visas on booking the ticket and all I can find on the web suggests they can stay any reasonable length of time.

Anybody know the score on taking a TG to kimchi country, tips, things to be aware of etc?

Cheers

M.

If she looks thai and you are white, no problem. If she is more fair-skinned and looks more korean, you may get hassled in Seoul but usually in the form of drunk guys insulting you in korean (even though they could do it in English if they wanted to.) Korean men can be extremely protective of their women.

I'm not sure about the provinces though.

Hi,

Thanks for the insight, useful tip. Yeah she is a nice brown colour, and very Thai looking, deffo not Korean looking.

Thinking it should be pretty much ok. The Korean immigration website I was directed too says they can sty 90 days so should be no prob on that score either.

Cheers

M.

If she is young and relatively good looking she stands a good chance of being stopped by Korean Immigration. While Thai passports are good for a 90 day stay in Korea, they will stop single young Thais, male and female for questioning uon entry. Korea has a problem with Thais coming in on passport (tourism or business only) and then working.

My sister-in-law was stopped and it took me an hour to get her released from immigration.

There is a fair sized Thai community in Seoul, we have ran into a dozen or so Thais working/living here. As a TG she will hve no problem, other than people assuming that she is Philippino. It seems most Koreans have visited Thailand. When Koreans find out my wife is Thai they give her a wai and "sawatdee."

Archived