Interesting read

HeartThais

It assumes every Thai girl thinks the same way and has the same sort of relationship with her parents and family. Sure I know a lot like this but I know a few that aren't either, Western customs are creeping into Thai society through TV and the movies and a lot of the old courting rituals are going into history.

Nearly every book you pick up on Thai customs for the Farang has a similar chapter.

"If she says no she wants to see if you will return again or just never come back. Don't worry she will say yes sooner or later so just be patient."

Definitely not sure about that statement.

That article is nonsense.

(Although perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about, as I'm apparently not clever enough to convince a Thai farmer's daughter to marry me yet...).

Going to Pizza Hut on the all-you-can-eat day to prove I'm husband material, LOL....

I assume that's a tourism site - I can only imagine how inaccurate the rest of the information provided is...

YimSiam

"The best place to meet someone is where she works (not a bar). There are plenty of well-educated, nice traditional Thai girls working in restaurants, shopping malls, as tour guides and hotels."

He got this bit right. :up:

Archived