Global Warming: please debate

Lord Toad

I can't see how a nation that can make a plane you can't see on radar asl well as other techonoligies, can not come up with a technological solution to all this.

Yes, we are waiting. EU has already decided to reduce emissions by 20-30 percent. If the US would follow something could be still done to save this planet.

no I have read some of it ,

most I do not believe ,

But I believe more in overpopulation screwing it up much more than carbon use .

But carbon use is the " in" thing to be concerned about today ,

Of course 20 years ago it was the new ice age :)

It has become big business to be "anti carbon" , look at Al Gore , making millions with a book of half truths ,

Do I know the answer , NO , do they know the answer NO , but they are louder then I am so they must be right !

OC

Population expansion, or should I say explosion, must be a major issue: if not the issue. Because even if the US and the EU reduce carbon emissions by 20 â?? 30% (and that will be very hard) the extra billion or so people in the World plus the industrialization of China and India will increase carbon emissions by a lot more then the EU and the US have reduced it by!

I saw a 'futurist' (someone who predicts what will happen in the future using science, trends, probability stats, etc. from what I can gather) and he said the greatest threat in the near to not so near future isn't if the mid east gets the bomb but an industrialized China.

He said that when you get the bomb you also get the sense of responsibility that goes with it and you're not apt to use it, its a deterrant when non western nations seek it. They also know if they use it they will be obliterated.

He said though that the emissions from well over a billion Chinese in an industrialized nation with little controls will harm the atmosphere. If you think its hard to get the U.S. to sign an emission treaty, the Chinese will be doubly as difficult to deal with.

Archived