Retirement visa

persil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The residency way more than doubled to 190k or something. Wasn't it about 5k before ?

Bt800k now has to be in the bank for 3 months before applying.

Extension fees were Bt500 now Bt1900.

Bt3m in condo will be grandfathered I understand as well as the pre 50 40k income scenario.

• 3 weeks later...

"Looks to me like it is 800,000 baht deposit per person. Has the property option been dropped? Owning a condo worth a few million doesn't count any more???"

I think you are referring to the 100k investment visa. Yes, they have stopped issuing new ones, or are about to stop issuing new ones. This is not related to the retirement visa.

The OP only needs to qualify for a retirement visa for himself. His wife can stay on as his dependent. This would be 800K baht in a Thai bank, 65,000 monthly income or a combination of the two to yield 800K per year.

Must be 50 years or older to qualify for a retirement visa.

Lawyer not needed to obtain a retirement visa as it is very straight forward.

The 3 million baht condo investment to qualify for a visa extension is dead as of last Oct. Folks granted extensions previously are thus far grandfathered.

-redwood

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info so far.

>

5.1 Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.<

Does that mean I can go once and apply for multi entry permit, which will be valid for the entire year?

I think so. I have a retirement visa (converted from a one-year multiple entry non-immigrant O), but didn't bother to pay the extra money for the multiple entry. If I decide to leave the country before my year is up, I'll just go to immigration and pay the extra money then.

Rex

A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

Let me get this right you have to have one or the other is that right 800,000= around $300,000AUD or earning 65,000- around $2000AUD, I'm sure I have a spare $300,000 sitting in my bank account every day, will this count the equity in my Super Fund.

A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

Let me get this right you have to have one or the other is that right 800,000= around $300,000AUD or earning 65,000- around $2000AUD, I'm sure I have a spare $300,000 sitting in my bank account every day, will this count the equity in my Super Fund.

Isn't 800k baht = 29k AUD?

:dunno:

Archived