Hacker Attacks?

Gadfly

I saw this on the Mangosauce website:

The hackers who yesterday attacked and disabled Mango Sauce also targeted 2Bangkok.com. Both denial of service (DoS) attacks happened simultaneously on the eve of a major political rally against Thailand's military junta.

This can't be a coincidence. My guess is that someone is testing the vulnerabilities of Bangkok's most popular Internet forums so that they can be quickly silenced in the event of a national crisis.

Most Thailand-based forums - like19sep.org - have already been shut down, blocked or heavily censored by shadowy pro-government organisations but attacking websites located outside Thailand (Mango Sauce is hosted in the US) represents a dramatic escalation of this campaign.

Internet Censorship Plans?

Wondering it anyone knows anything about this and if this board has experienced anything similiar? I am posting now since, if this is right, this board might go down (?) for a bit if things go serously awry here (possible).

Was told once that Governments sometimes issue licenses on the previso that they are allowed access to ISP operators should they deem the need necessary. Not sure how much truth there is in it though.

Lots of fannying around lately...just coincidence or proof of concpt should the need arise? The youtube outage was odd, if true this is also very worrying.... i get the feeling things are happening in the murky background again...i wonder what the outcome will be...?

Archived