Strange display at the market

limbo

The other day I saw something that in ll my years in the LOS I've never seen before at the local small market.

There was monkey meat for sale. The skinned arms is how I recognised it, they didn't skin the hand palms.

Anybody seen this before or had a monkey curry before?

My missus didn't wanna go back and have a better look at it, she found it appalling, 'something for Esaarn people to eat'.

I see rats for sale on the local market (Nong Han, Udon Thani province) every time I visit. Sometimes at the village market here as well, all together with red ants eggs and other stuff I can not identify, but monkeys????

The gf definitely eats rats.

Every night I see people with spotlights trying to catch anything edible nesting in trees or whatever other place. Are there still any animals out there :question:

In Samui the cocnut trees are ill because of a lack of squirrels. The coconut trees die because a certain maggot/animal can eat the tree and squirrels used to take care of that problem.

Because there's such an influx in Esaarn cheap labour on Samui, they also eat everything that moves and squirrels are now a rarity on Samui. All been eaten by the Esaarn cheap labour.

"there a bit too close to home for me, it's almost canibalismé"

First surprised by this thread... don't think I ever tried Monkey meat but neither thought there would be an issue eating it.

Than I thought about some less developed tribes.. some wingless birds U bump into when U hit Lower Suk... and u do have a point...yet if one looks too much like an ape, they might be better suited for a spicy soup than a relationship...

It's as much towards a debate about zoophilia than one about Cannibalism we're heading to here...

Archived