BKK travel agent

Soi11

Apart from the regional LCCs, I think that travel agents in BKK are still your best deal for international travel. Some chick working for TG simply isn't empowered to quote anything lower than the published fare, regardless of whether the caller speaks Thai or not. She might suggest a travel agency where you could get a lower fare though.

I know someone who worked for PAL in Manila back in the 70s and they had this little scam going. The American military guys would normally show up at the airport and pay the full published fare in USD cash. The girls had a travel agency's validator in the back office, and they'd issue the tickets on behalf of the agency at a much lower price (although the published fare appeared on the ticket). Then they'd pocket the difference between the amount paid and what the travel agency had to remit to the airline. Then change the USD cash into pesos at the black market rates!

was_usvirgin,

I'm not sure why you would say BKK travel agents are still your best deal.

I've received quotes from eight different BKK travel agents, and they were all higher than what the airline reservation agent in BKK quoted.

When my friend's Thai wife call Vietnam Airlines, she was offered a special July promotional fare which was much lower than their published rate.

Hmmm,

What is your point to point, plans.

Where did you find the better rates?

For me : BOSTON 07/09/07-03/12/07 $745 RT, I can not beat. Actually the lowest I've got in years.

($685,in 1999, was the lowest fare BOS/BKK, for me)

BKK > DPS

BKK > SGN

My friend's wife called Thai Airways for one flight and Vietnam Airlines for the other.

What I have been doing for the last 5 years or so is to buy my tickets to BKK originating in BKK i.e. BKK > HNL > BKK - you have to bite the bullet on 1 one way ticket to start the process, but for me, flying from HNL > BKK, it's cheaper to buy a return ticket BKK > HNL. than HNL > BKK.

Archived