BKK travel agent

Soi11

Will be traveling to BKK in June, and will be making side trips to Bali and Vietnam.

I've heard that BKK travel agents offer good prices on return tickets to these countries.

Can anyone recommend a travel agent in BKK I could email for some quotes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1 month later...

After spending way too much time emailing travel agents in BKK, checking Expedia, checking the airlines websites and even calling the airlines directly,

I've discovered that a Thai speaking person calling the airlines reservation number in BKK offered the lowest rates by far.

Holy Shit!

Well, I usually get quotes from the airline and a travel agent.

Charlie connection is often more expensive than buying directly from the airline, but I fly Thai Air, and they won't issue e-tickets for the route I fly so I can't book on line, Charlie Connection charges about 1,000 baht more than on line, but I have no choice.

When I was booking a ticket to Ireland recently, I tried the websites of all the airlines that fly to Ireland from Bangkok. Charlie Connection gave me the cheapest rate at about 5,000 baht cheaper than the next most reasonable price I found on line.

Apart from the regional LCCs, I think that travel agents in BKK are still your best deal for international travel. Some chick working for TG simply isn't empowered to quote anything lower than the published fare, regardless of whether the caller speaks Thai or not. She might suggest a travel agency where you could get a lower fare though.

I know someone who worked for PAL in Manila back in the 70s and they had this little scam going. The American military guys would normally show up at the airport and pay the full published fare in USD cash. The girls had a travel agency's validator in the back office, and they'd issue the tickets on behalf of the agency at a much lower price (although the published fare appeared on the ticket). Then they'd pocket the difference between the amount paid and what the travel agency had to remit to the airline. Then change the USD cash into pesos at the black market rates!

Archived