baccara

boemba

Just to inform you all. Baccara used to be one of the more reasonably priced bars at Soi Cowboy, and interesting because of its transparent ceiling with girls on top of it.

The management just raised all its prices between 20-25%, although I can not say the bar is that busy at all times. One more example of: If you have few customers, just raise the prices to get more money(????)

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: boemba ]

This is incredible news boemba! I guess this would make Baccara the most expensive gogo bar in Soi Cowboy. A trend, I wonder, with what is going on in NEP?

I guess you know the owner of Baccara, Thomas, also owns Paradisio (NEP) and the Wave beer bar (across from biergarten soi 7) and those places definitely lack customers. So, he raises the prices in Baccara, the bar that usually has a decent crowd (Fri. and Sat. anyway). Great thinking!

I was in CEP last night (Dollhouse, Hollywood East, and Rock Hard), and, must admit I was rather surprised with the number of customers at each with what I have been hearing. Still, plenty of excess dancers available.

quote:

Originally posted by boemba:

The management just raised all its prices between 20-25%, although I can not say the bar is that busy at all times

Interesting to hear that they have hiked all their prices up now. I had heard that they were charging B130 for a lady drink. I think we all know what we can do about this - I read elsewhere that some of the NEP pricehikers have suffered quite a fall-off in revenue recently, but then again, they probably would say that anyway, as justification for their greed.

LG

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

. I had heard that they were charging B130 for a lady drink. I think we all know what we can do about this

LG

In all fairness the quoted lady drink price is not accurate. It is also mentioned in Stickmans weekly column. I asked and was told the price for a regular lady drink is 'only' 95 baht; there seems to be some kind of special lady drink cocktail that costs 130 baht. So you probably have to specify very clearly to the girl what you want her to have, otherwise she might prefer to punish you with the more expensive drink.

Ditto to Boemba's comment. I was there a few weeks ago and the lady wanted to get the 130 baht drink and I said no, the 95 baht drink and that was the last time the topic came up. Up to you!!!!

Sailor

Typically, the 130 baht lady drinks are the Bacardi Breezer or Crystal Cooler type drinks. They cost over 100 baht just about everywhere. Most of the ladies like these, and if you simply offer to buy a lady drink with no other restrictions, a lot of the gals will order one of these.

The poster who mentioned the New Wave on Soi 7 lacking customers just hasn't been there at the right time. Try finding a seat there on a Friday evening between 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm. It does clear out after about 11:00 pm - its not a real late night place.

Cheers!

Bangkok Butterfly

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: peesooahbkk ]

quote:

Originally posted by MCJIMMYS:

But the last few times I have been in Baccara all the girls are now waring panties and it just does not have the same apeal. MCJIMMYS

They are 'without' again. Not all for sure. I guess it depends on 'external' factors, not the policy of the barmanager or girls.

Originally posted by boemba:

[QB]In all fairness the quoted lady drink price is not accurate. It is also mentioned in Stickmans weekly column. I asked and was told the price for a regular lady drink is 'only' 95 baht;

This special lady drink was a coke. I know because I was sitting next to the girl who drank it. and the price was 130 bhat.

I used to be a regular customer at Baccara, because I liked the fact that I could go in and be left alone. I also liked the see through floor. The girls used to take off their panties before going on the dance floor. I really love the view. But the last few times I have been in Baccara all the girls are now waring panties and it just does not have the same apeal. I have not been in for about a month and don't know if I will go back. If they raise their prices I won't for sure. MCJIMMYS

Archived