utilities installation costs

Bembaman

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in but I couldn't see where else.

I am moving into a house in Bangna next month and was wondering what to budget for electriicity and water installation costs. The builders are giving us a price for them to do it but it seems very high, so with a Thai wife doing it ourselves is feasible. We have time and we do not have to move in straight away as we still have our old house for a couple of weeks after completion on the new one.

Also, if anyone has the numbers to hand, we will also want to transfer our UBC account and also get a TOT ADSL line but I think that info will be easy enough to get from their resepctive websites;not so for the electric and water!

If you go to one of the supply stores that carry such things as the main breaker, outlets, wire, plastic pipe, etc, you can get an idea of what things really cost. As for installation, expect to pay about 500 baht a day. If you have seen how Thais run wire, that is not a labor intense job. Same goes for installing the water.

Archived