The Numbers Game

Sarisin

Could someone please explain to me why some bargirls wear numbers?

I think I know a few reasons, but I am asking because I notice more and more bargirls not wearing them.

OK, I am talking mainly dancers here and waitresses. Yes, MP ladies wear them - I guess always so you can pick them out of the fishbowl. But, naturally, you would not expect bar beer girls,ladies in some of the hostess bars (e.g., Cosmos, Crown Royale, etc.) or freelancers to wear a number.

I remember in the good ole days back in Song-tan-si just outside of Osan AB, Korea all the girls involved with the clubs wore numbers. The color of the number badge told you the status of the lady - dancer, waitress, mamasan, and so forth. It also told you if the lady could be taken off the premises.

Then, when you took a lady from the bar (no barfine there!), you were given a small chit with the lady's number on it. Why? Well, if there was a problem, and you held on to your number chit, you could return to the bar the next day and tell them that #69 stole your Timex watch or whatever. Of course those chits were easily lost.

One other thing they used this number identification system for in Korea was to help stamp out VD. Yeah, right. Well, in theory anyway, again, when you took a lady, you had that number chit. So, when you had your fun, but started to drip, drip, drip in a few days, you could go to the base VD clinic and identify #69 of A-Frame Club as the culprit who gave you the clap. They even had books there with the mug shots and numbers of the girls. The base would notify A-Frame Club to pull #69's card and get her pronto out to get that nasty VD taken care of. She couldn't work again, until she proved she had been to a doctor.

Of course, this system was crap too as guys like me lost the chits and just picked anyone from that funny book. And, there was plenty of paying off going on under the table too at the bars.

But, back to Thailand. Why do some, and, I repeat some, of these girls wear numbers? Do they serve a real purpose, or just sort of a time-honored tradition?

Take a look next time you hit a gogo, especially a small place, and see if the ladies are wearing numbers. I remember the cops entering bars in Korea just to make sure ladies were wearing them. Ladies not wearing number badges were tossed out of the bars. Here in Thailand? I think not, but maybe you have seen it.

All girls working in the go-go bars are given a number. If the bar has say 40- 60 girls working it is easer to keep tract of them by number. Many girls have the same name so using names can get confusing. When the girls come to work their number is writen on a white board. If they get bought out their number is taken off. There is no rule about it but it just makes it easer. Also if a customer knows a girls number but has forgotten her name it is easy to track her down in the bar. Just ask if #65 or #33 or who ever is working tonight. They can check the white board and let you know in seconds.

MCJIMMYS

I already know I am going to go see #33 at Dollhouse. How else would I know exactly who she is? Imagine me going in there looking for Nok. I am going to mess with her brain for a min or two. Wish me luck fellas. *LOL*

Mykal

LOS in September!!!

Archived