If not drinking and whoring 24/7 - what to do??

David99UK

Thanks for the photo OC....jogged my memory. Yes I do recall Minis with wood on them now but not sure what year that would be. I actually owned 2 or 3 of them at different times. Lovely little machines.

Anyway back to David's problem. Looks like you'll be spending a bit of time in shopping malls. Try to pick the ones with book stores would be my suggestion.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uhhh....as far as going placs, if she is a BKK native she has lots of places to go,

I always have fun cruising around Chinatown area , lots of interesting stores , people making stuff out on the street , a 7-11 every block or 2 :)

as far as one place thats the biggest concentation of "stuff" in one area,

But beware there are lots of Gold shops which might get you in trouble :)

OC

Shame about her being a BKK girl but if she has rellies in CM spend a little more time there. It's a lot easier to get around, you can hire a car and drive up the Chiang Rai, the Golden Triangle, travel across into Burma at Mae Sai. The mountains around Mai Hong Son are a great drive.

It can be relatively cheap, if you want to sit back you can get a car and driver for about 1500B a day plus fuel and just tell him where to go.

I'd recommend a trip to Vientiane or Siem Reap but if she's a typical Thai girl she's not going to like spending time with "foreigners"

Dinner in new and interesting places, movies as often as you can stand them.

She will always enjoy shopping, and so might you.

Trips to exotic places - why not take her to Hong Kong Disney Land, or for a shopping trip to Singapore?

Doing this for almost six weeks could get to be a strain for anybody, so maybe you should plan some quiet time at home with her, just doing things around her house or her parents' house.

Whatever you do, just make sure that there is a television set and an internet connecton at hand.

It can be relatively cheap, if you want to sit back you can get a car and driver for about 1500B a day plus fuel and just tell him where to go.

That's a good idea, I will bear that in mind - I suspect she would get used to the idea of having a driver........especially when visiting the Rellies :grin:

A day-spa is a great way to spend a day. Together or seperate. Just ignore the "GAY" comments. I highly recommend it to everyone especially if you have never had one.

A Spa?? mmmmmm, doesn't do much for me. Her?? I dunno, not sure though if I want to get her used to those things - an expensive habit over here in Farangland :shocked: But maybe something I will ask about - although she may equate the experiance with her former MP occupation.....

Dinner in new and interesting places, movies as often as you can stand them.

She will always enjoy shopping, and so might you.

Trips to exotic places - why not take her to Hong Kong Disney Land, or for a shopping trip to Singapore?

Doing this for almost six weeks could get to be a strain for anybody, so maybe you should plan some quiet time at home with her, just doing things around her house or her parents' house.

Whatever you do, just make sure that there is a television set and an internet connecton at hand.

I must confess that I am not intending this to be a 24/7 non-stop activity holiday (I am too lazy for that)......but the HK Disney Land idea sounds brilliant!

Movies? Why not.

I was planning on doing a bit of eating out (fortunately she has no problem eating Farang food - and actually likes Indian Food :cool: - although of course she does prefer Thai food, which i do not like :confused: ) - half intending to do one of the River Boat meal cruises, as long as I can find one that is nice but without being OTT - where BOTH of us will feel (and stand out) like a spare prick in a knocking shop :( .

Quiet time sitting in front of the TV? Actually she has mentioned that she would be happy to do this - "old man and old woman sit look TV" :cool: and I THINK she meant it :smirk:.

Back "in the day" I used to sometimes decide not to hit the bars :shocked: (don't tell anyone :o :grin: )and lie in bed looking at HBO or reading a book - she used to dissapear into her own world (of pretending / dreaming she was leading a "normal" life??) whilst writing me letters using a dictionary (which she would take an hour or 2 over taking great care and so much concentration I could see the cogs smoking :cool: ) - and I would read them in 30 seconds :grin: which she was always kinda dissapointed in) or her reading comic books or looking at Thai TV........but I did enjoy looking at her sleeping and occassionally waking up and looking around slightly confused before smiling to herself like a cat and going back to sleep.......

Bangkok rellies? Hopefully as little as possible :shocked: - sure as shit not moving in with them :shocked::shocked: :grin:

Archived